BR

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G6 play in a loop reboot after an undesired update

2020-01-02, 0:39 AM

Hi,

Since mid September, I have been struggling with updates in my phone. Basically it didn´t work.

When I tried to update it failed after reboot stating that update failed or some message like that with no information whatsoever.

Since november, I have been dodging a particular update, No I don´t know the update´s number, because everytime it failed. For some reason unknow to me, it have tried without my knowledge today, and for more than 8 hours it´s stuck in a indefinitelly reboot.

In some posts, it was said to use the Lenovo Smart Assistant, but how to use if the phone didnt start? Or keeps rebooting? 

And what exactly I need to do to regain access to my phone?

Anyone have any idea to help me? Or did I lost my phone due a undesired update?

I used to recomend Motorola smartphones, but now I´m starting to regret have purchased for myself...

Solved! See the solution
Options

1588 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

279 Signins

17144 Page Views

• Views: 17144
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G6 play in a loop reboot after an undesired update

2020-01-02, 5:56 AM

wrote:

Hi,

Since mid September, I have been struggling with updates in my phone. Basically it didn´t work.

When I tried to update it failed after reboot stating that update failed or some message like that with no information whatsoever.

Since november, I have been dodging a particular update, No I don´t know the update´s number, because everytime it failed. For some reason unknow to me, it have tried without my knowledge today, and for more than 8 hours it´s stuck in a indefinitelly reboot.

In some posts, it was said to use the Lenovo Smart Assistant, but how to use if the phone didnt start? Or keeps rebooting? 

And what exactly I need to do to regain access to my phone?

Anyone have any idea to help me? Or did I lost my phone due a undesired update?

I used to recomend Motorola smartphones, but now I´m starting to regret have purchased for myself...

Hi Paulista666,

Sorry to know about this. Yes, I will suggest you update your device through LMSA-- here is the link. I would like to inform you that performing the Rescue option will Factory Reset your device, so check if the device works without the Rescue option. Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

10-29-2019

BR

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-02, 18:42 PM

Suman,

Thank very much for your reply, but I can´t accept that as a solution. I was able to restore my phone only using the RESCUE option which as you say correctly, did a factory reset and I lost everything. 

Of course that I try every available option first.

Due to a broke update, and an unusefull option in the android to DO NOT UPDATE THE SYSTEM, I lost almost everything. The option to do not update automatically do not work. Every now and them it forces the update. Since I already knew that the update would not work, I was ok with that because it would try, fail and my data would remain untouched. Now, I see that I can´t trust in the system. Trully a shame.

And, LMSA, is very difficult to work for a non IT person, so it should not be recommend for people who don´t know what to do.

Anyway, I was able to regain access to my phone reinstalling Android system using Rescue option. 

Thanks for the help

Options

1588 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

279 Signins

17144 Page Views

• Views: 17144
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-03, 4:33 AM

wrote:

Suman,

Thank very much for your reply, but I can´t accept that as a solution. I was able to restore my phone only using the RESCUE option which as you say correctly, did a factory reset and I lost everything. 

Of course that I try every available option first.

Due to a broke update, and an unusefull option in the android to DO NOT UPDATE THE SYSTEM, I lost almost everything. The option to do not update automatically do not work. Every now and them it forces the update. Since I already knew that the update would not work, I was ok with that because it would try, fail and my data would remain untouched. Now, I see that I can´t trust in the system. Trully a shame.

And, LMSA, is very difficult to work for a non IT person, so it should not be recommend for people who don´t know what to do.

Anyway, I was able to regain access to my phone reinstalling Android system using Rescue option. 

Thanks for the help

Hi Paulista666,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I am glad that your device is working fine now.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save