09-07-2019

GB

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 9

Moto G6 play screen keeps freezing

2019-09-07, 14:02 PM

Over the last couple of weeks, my phone's screen keeps becoming unresponsive. While using it the screen just randomly becomes unresponsive, I can then lock it and unlock it and the screen workings again for a short while. This happens every 1-10 minutes of use. 

I am unsure whether this is being caused by an app, software issue or hardware issue. I have tried a soft reset but this hasn't helped.

Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Views: 36455
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G6 play screen keeps freezing

2019-09-11, 16:12 PM

Hi Iiholmesii,

Thanks for posting. Try booting your phone to safe mode and monitor your phone for at least an hour. It the issue does not happen the duration that means it is caused by a 3rd party application you installed since safe disables 3rd party apps. 

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

09-07-2019

GB

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 9

2019-09-11, 19:34 PM

Thanks for the response. I have tried this but sadly it didn't work, I still had the same issue.

Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Views: 36455
  • Message 4 of 9

2019-09-11, 20:17 PM

Hi Iiholmesii,

Does the phone still respond to the volume up and volume down buttons during the freeze? When did it start happening? Try resetting your app preferences. This will reset the previous setup you made in the apps, to do it just apply these steps on your phone.

Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Notifications > App Info > Select options (3 dots icon located in the top right of the screen) > Select Reset Apps Preferences. After that, please restart the device. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-11-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 9

Re:Moto G6 play screen keeps freezing

2020-03-11, 23:32 PM
So I've been having the problem awhile, was very irritating. I disabled every Motorola app and service I could without root. Haven't had the problem since.
Options

2 Posts

05-04-2020

GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 9

2020-05-04, 3:12 AM

My 8-month-old Motorola G6 sometimes slowed down, then reset itself, then 2 days ago, it completely froze. When I reset, using all the different techniques shown (with power, and up/down button, etc), the screen keeps showing up ''To start Android, enter your password'', but when I try to enter the password, the screen does not respond; it does not respond at all anymore.

I'm getting quite frustrated and tempted to return it to the shop now, since it's less than one year old. 

Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 7 of 9

2020-05-04, 5:02 AM

@ PhoneG6 wrote:

My 8-month-old Motorola G6 sometimes slowed down, then reset itself, then 2 days ago, it completely froze. When I reset, using all the different techniques shown (with power, and up/down button, etc), the screen keeps showing up ''To start Android, enter your password'', but when I try to enter the password, the screen does not respond; it does not respond at all anymore.

I'm getting quite frustrated and tempted to return it to the shop now, since it's less than one year old. 

Hi,

Sorry to know about this! Are you using a Screen Guard on your display? Try restarting the device and see if it helps.

Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

05-04-2020

GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 9

2020-05-04, 19:25 PM

Thanks for replying. 

Whatever I do (restart, etc), the same screen appears... 

''To start Android, enter your password.....''

But since the screen is frozen, I cannot enter anything.

Looking forward to your advice,

Tam

P.S. What is a screen guard?

Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 9 of 9

2020-05-06, 8:35 AM

@ PhoneG6 wrote:

Thanks for replying. 

Whatever I do (restart, etc), the same screen appears... 

''To start Android, enter your password.....''

But since the screen is frozen, I cannot enter anything.

Looking forward to your advice,

Tam

P.S. What is a screen guard?

Thanks for the details. Screen guard is the screen protector. If you are using one, remove it and try. If this doesn't help, it could be that there is an issue with the display.

For now, kindly confirm this.

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save