Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 0
  • Registered: ‎01-22-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-01-29, 3:58 AM

My phone asked to apply security update today (01/28/2020) and after it the mobile network signal only goes without service on both SIMs, although it recognizes the chips. I have already changed the chip, I have reset the bootloader, I have entered safe mode.

 

Android version: 9

Current version: PPWS29. 116-16-18

Security patch level: January 1, 2020

Solved! See the solution
Reply
Options

1871 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

306 Signins

19154 Page Views

  • Posts: 1871
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 19154
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-01-30, 5:50 AM

 wrote:

My phone asked to apply security update today (01/28/2020) and after it the mobile network signal only goes without service on both SIMs, although it recognizes the chips. I have already changed the chip, I have reset the bootloader, I have entered safe mode.

 

Android version: 9

Current version: PPWS29. 116-16-18

Security patch level: January 1, 2020


Hi Elias_Roseira,

 

Thanks for posting and letting us know. We would like to investigate this and will need some details. Kindly let us know which Network carrier are you using, where exactly are you located and a Bug Report.

 

Also,  please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

And here are the steps on how to take a Bug Report:

 

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 0
  • Registered: ‎01-22-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 7

Re: Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-01-30, 18:57 PM

Hi Suman, I updated my informations on perfil and I did the bug report (link below).

 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11Gy9m5BhoiB9_UvHaOD3s3C38Vtb-yNC

 

 

Reply
Options

1871 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

306 Signins

19154 Page Views

  • Posts: 1871
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 19154
  • Message 4 of 7

Re: Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-01-31, 5:28 AM

 wrote:

Hi Suman, I updated my informations on perfil and I did the bug report (link below).

 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11Gy9m5BhoiB9_UvHaOD3s3C38Vtb-yNC

 

 


Hi Elias_Roseira,

 

Thanks for sharing the Bug Report, I have updated the concerned team.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 0
  • Registered: ‎01-22-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 7

Re: Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-01-31, 10:05 AM

Hi Suman

 

Thank you for your help. I will wait for solution and update here when it happens.

 

 

Reply
Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 0
  • Registered: ‎01-22-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 7

Re: Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-02-01, 2:35 AM

UPDATING:

 

After I done a few steps, I solved my problem, I think its a bug in security update that caused it:

 

I am from Brazil so I will post what solutioned my bug in portuguese and english.

 

Go to Configuration > Networks and Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Wi-Fi Calls > Turn on and put preference for mobile network and restart the phone.

 

Vá em Configurações > Rede e Internet > Rede Móvel > Chamadas por Wi-Fi > Ative e coloque preferência pela rede móvel e reinicie o celular.

 

I hope that helps someone.

 

Regards,

Elias Roseira

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Options

1871 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

306 Signins

19154 Page Views

  • Posts: 1871
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 19154
  • Message 7 of 7

Re: Moto G6 plus no signal after update

2020-02-03, 4:09 AM

 wrote:

UPDATING:

 

After I done a few steps, I solved my problem, I think its a bug in security update that caused it:

 

I am from Brazil so I will post what solutioned my bug in portuguese and english.

 

Go to Configuration > Networks and Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Wi-Fi Calls > Turn on and put preference for mobile network and restart the phone.

 

Vá em Configurações > Rede e Internet > Rede Móvel > Chamadas por Wi-Fi > Ative e coloque preferência pela rede móvel e reinicie o celular.

 

I hope that helps someone.

 

Regards,

Elias Roseira


Hi Elias_Roseira,

 

Glad to know you have fixed it and it's working fine :catvery-happy:

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete