Options

0 Posts

05-01-2015

Portugal

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

Moto G6 randomly switching media sound from wired or bluetooth earphones to speakers

2020-01-30, 23:01 PM

A very annoying problem has popped up recently: I plug in earphones in the 3.5mm jack or connect wireless ones to bluetooth to listen to Spotify. After a few minutes and randomly afterwards, the music stops and a weird message appears on my screen: ... Continue listening on this device "device name"...? I emphasize wired earphones are still plugged in or bluetooth ones are still connected. My only choices are to click on the yes tab or closing the message window; either way the music is being diverted to the speakers. A minute of two later, music resumes playing through the earphones, and then the cycle starts once again. 

This is very bizzare behavior, and I've been told it smacks of a problem in the phone's hardare.

What do you guys think?

Options

351 Posts

10-12-2012

US

835 Signins

21168 Page Views

• Views: 21168
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G6 randomly switching media sound from wired or bluetooth earphones to speakers

2020-01-31, 4:08 AM

Recommend that you first clear cache memory, then restart your phone in Safe Mode.  Check to see if your problem is resolved.  If so, there is a software conflict involving one or more 3rd party apps.

Options

0 Posts

05-01-2015

Portugal

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

Re: Moto G6 randomly switching media sound from wired or bluetooth earphones to speakers

2020-01-31, 22:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, nothing seems to eliminate the issue. I cleared memory cachea one by one (the only way to do it since Android 8), run CQAtest, run Moto's diagnostics, switched earbuds. Everything checks out well. 

I'm thinking maybe it's a software issue related to Android 9 and/or Spotify. Well, at this time I'm completely confused. I could understand the bluetooth connection to misbehave once in a while. however, media sound from the wired earbuds to stop and/or switch back to the phone's speakers, that's an entirely different issue. 

Lenovo ought to be looking into this obvious glitch by trying to replicate it. Too bad no Moto rep is available to acknowledge or address the issue. 

Options

35 Posts

10-27-2019

US

113 Signins

716 Page Views

• Views: 716
  • Message 4 of 9

2020-02-01, 17:44 PM

It sounds like you did the Pie 9 update and if so, that could very well be the cause. Was it doing this prior to the update or was everything okay? From what I've read here, the update has been a major problem and even a factory reset won't assure issues will be resolved after the update. I've not done the update and my G6 currenlty is performing just fine with no issues. You can try calling Motorola support there in Portugal at +351 800 814 351. I had a couple issues with a new G7 Play and when I called Motorola support here in the US, the tech was extremely helpful and requested I install an app called Rescue+Mobile which allowed him to take control of my phone on his end as if he had my phone in his hands. Everything he did was done real time on my phone and I could see exactly what he was doing since I used a different phone to call. With this app, he was able to go through my whole system and explain every move, found the problem, and fixed it. It's worth a try and I would hope Motorola would have standard support procedures throughout the world. Good luck!

Options

0 Posts

05-01-2015

Portugal

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2020-02-02, 2:15 AM

My device was OK prior to the update to version 9. I'd like to call tech support, but here in New York Motorola only offers a robo adviser. I'll check again to find a live person to speak to.

Options

35 Posts

10-27-2019

US

113 Signins

716 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2020-02-02, 16:22 PM

Oh, your location says Portugal so that's what I looked up. Since you're in NY, you can call the same U.S. Moto support number I called and follow the prompts to get to a live tech support agent. The number is 1-800-734-5870  Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT, and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. Call from a different phone than your G6 if possible so you can access the G6 when speaking with them. They may run you through some tests that would require restarting your G6.

Options

0 Posts

05-01-2015

Portugal

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2020-02-02, 22:11 PM

Great! Thanks so much!!!

Options

35 Posts

10-27-2019

US

113 Signins

716 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2020-02-03, 3:26 AM

No problem, and good luck! Hope you get it worked out. Let us know.

Options

1588 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

279 Signins

17144 Page Views

• Views: 17144
  • Message 9 of 9

2020-02-05, 4:05 AM

wrote:

A very annoying problem has popped up recently: I plug in earphones in the 3.5mm jack or connect wireless ones to bluetooth to listen to Spotify. After a few minutes and randomly afterwards, the music stops and a weird message appears on my screen: ... Continue listening on this device "device name"...? I emphasize wired earphones are still plugged in or bluetooth ones are still connected. My only choices are to click on the yes tab or closing the message window; either way the music is being diverted to the speakers. A minute of two later, music resumes playing through the earphones, and then the cycle starts once again. 

This is very bizzare behavior, and I've been told it smacks of a problem in the phone's hardare.

What do you guys think?

Hi Gili_M,

Thanks for posting! I would suggest you contact Spotify regarding this. If there are more than one user using the same Spotify account, it happens. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save