03-11-2020

GB

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G6 restarts itself every two minutes after factory reset

2020-03-11, 10:36 AM

Last year, I attempted an update in June/July (unfortunately I did not greatly pay attention to the exact date/time, or the exact update). The Update made it a third of the way through installing according to the bar but then it stopped for 30 mins plus. I attempted to to turn the phone off & on again and retry but the phone crashed and wouldn't start up again.

Eventually, after trying to turn it on several times it turned on, however it would repeatedly turn on and off again. I managed to set the phone up again and once it was fully booted up & signed in the restarting itself stopped.

I was prompted several times a day to complete a security update, but the same thing as above happened and it would tell me that the update was not successful. This had lead to functionality issues for example - I could not download the netflix app, I was not able to set up google pay due to security issues.

Update: previously forgot to mention upon restarting the phone a black page with a small "N/A" in white shows each time it begins to boot up.

Yesterday, I decided to attempt another factory reset, the issue where the phone restarts over and over every minute to two minutes has continued, and I imagine that even if I can rush through entering the details to fully boot the phone before it restarts, then the issues I had previously will persist nonetheless.

I would be grateful for any advice. 

Options

1718 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1615 Signins

25243 Page Views

• Views: 25243
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto G6 restarts itself every two minutes after factory reset

2020-03-11, 12:39 PM

Did you do the Factory reset from,"Recovery Mode"? That's the best way.

It's a two-stage operation on Moto phones like this when you see the dead Android Robot.

1. Turn OFF your phone using the Power button.
  2. Now hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
  3. Release both the buttons once Fastboot mode appears on the screen.
  4. Now, use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to Recovery Mode and press Power button to select it.
  5. Once the Android Robot screen appears, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons.
  6. Now you should be in Recovery mode. Now, release the buttons.

Then when the phone first boots choose NOT to allow it to auto-install all your settings and apps and choose to do them later(Choose skip). 

This way you have more control of things.

HTH :)

Options

1 Posts

03-11-2020

GB

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-03-11, 13:03 PM

Hi, 

I tried downloading and installing the security update (PPP29.55-35-12) after following your instructions in recovery mode. Same issue where the update stops installing about a third of the way through and then prompts an error message.

Afterwards, I tried completing a factory reset from recovery mode, the same turning off and on again issue has arisen when trying to boot back up. 

Thanks for your help anyway! @Porphyrius 

Options

1718 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1615 Signins

25243 Page Views

• Views: 25243
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-03-11, 18:45 PM

Try the Lenovo Smart Assistant,

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds101291

You'll need a PC/Laptop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save