IN

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 speakerphone suddenly stopped working again

2020-09-26, 18:22 PM

Hi 

I have been using Moto g6 for two years now and the speakers suddenly stopped working today again I had this problem before to I fixed it using duster cuz some water droplets were in my speakers but this time there is no water in speaker and it's still won't work like no sound at all 

So some suggestions to fix this problem pls !!

Options

10984 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1136 Signins

154175 Page Views

• Views: 154175
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Moto G6 speakerphone suddenly stopped working again

2020-09-28, 20:25 PM

Hi Aashhh,

Let me help you with this. I would suggest testing the speaker in the Device Help app > Device diagnosis > Hardware test. Also, to factor out some third-party apps, boot your phone in safe mode and see if you can duplicate the same behavior. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

10-01-2020

DE

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 6

Moto G6 loudspeaker suddenly not working

2020-10-01, 17:24 PM

Hi there,

suddenly the loudspeaker on my Moto G6 stopped working.

I can do phone calls and so on on loudspeaker, but when trying to use the regular loudspeaker and holding my phone against my ear I cannot hear anything.

A headset also works fine.

I tried to do the soft and hard reset and also tried to use the hardware test. 

In testing mode there is also no sound.

I am wondering if there are two loudspeakers in the phone: One for the loud mode and one for the regular mode.

Can somebody tell me that? I was searching about a replacement, but I could only fine one loudspeaker/earpiece replacement part. That made me wondeing if there is only one loudspeaker, that switches to quiet or loud mode?

Or is the other speaker maybe connected to the mainboard, so there is no replacement.

Maybe somebody has an idea.

If the speaker is broken, I would try to replace it as the warranty is anyway expired already.

But if someone has another idea how to fix it without having to open the phone, let me know.

Best regards,

Mike

Options

3 Posts

09-26-2020

IN

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-10-02, 9:24 AM

I tired the hardware test of speakers also the reboot in safe mode thing to but the speakers still won't work 

Any other suggestions?

Options

10984 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1136 Signins

154175 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-10-02, 17:21 PM

Hi Aashhh,

It sounds like a hardware failure. I would suggest doing full factory data reset. Backup important files, but don't restore them yet until you've tested the speaker. See if that fixes it, otherwise, I would suggest submitting the device to service for repair. Please let me know. Thanks.

Settings > Factory Data Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10984 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1136 Signins

154175 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-10-02, 17:26 PM

Hi xxMikexx,

I merged you post in this thread. Can you please try the suggested troubleshooting here? Please let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete