Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-07-2021

Canada

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G6 won’t boot up

2021-05-07, 7:43 AM

Encountered this problem a couple weeks ago, where my phone when charging overnight would suddenly turn off (but have a full charge - so the charger isn’t the problem).

Phone wasn’t working for a couple of days then suddenly things worked out again, for a couple of weeks until now. Same thing happened again, charged phone, it turned off while charging, got it back on, unplugged the phone, phone went to sleep and then nothingness. 

Have no problem turning the phone on, put in my PIN to start Android and then the Moto screen pops up and does nothing. 

Attached are a couple of photos of the phone specs and what happens when you go in Recovery Mode. Also, cleared the cache and that did nothing.

Don’t want to have to factory reset the phone (if I can help it) as while my pics are backed up, there are some texts that I would like to keep. 

Any solutions?

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto G6 won’t boot up

2021-05-07, 13:57 PM

Hi [BigZ]

If you're stuck in fastboot mode, the only thing to do is to perform external reset from recovery mode if you can still boot into recovery. If not, I would suggest using Rescue and Smart Assistant and do the Rescue function. Here's the link. Please go here for the instructions. Kindly backup important files/apps first to make sure you won't lose your important data. I hope that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

07-23-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-23, 15:45 PM

The only indication phone is alive is the blinking white lite, while charging, in the top right corner of the phone. Other wise it is a paper weight. Power and up/down arrow keys do not work. Any help will be appreciated.

Options

4738 Posts

09-09-2019

United States of America

506 Signins

26080 Page Views

• Views: 26080
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-24, 18:16 PM

@ highwanderer wrote:

The only indication phone is alive is the blinking white lite, while charging, in the top right corner of the phone. Other wise it is a paper weight. Power and up/down arrow keys do not work. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi @ highwanderer,

Thank you for contacting us. It will be necessary for the unit to be examine in detail at our authorized technical center since the device is not turning so a repair process can start.

You can check our website. 

Regards,

Fabricio

Motorola Tech Support.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms