Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

11-17-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

238 Page Views

• Views: 238
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto g6 January patch

2019-02-22, 21:30 PM

Got the January patch on Moto g6.... It did not include Android pie. We are halfway through Q1, and everything I've read said pie was rolling out now. Is this true? Or is the G6 only receiving security updates? I love this device but it was purchased knowing that I would receive a pie and thus more time of using a supported device. Any information is appreciated.

Came from the November patch, so should we expect to receive pie in may???

Options

17 Posts

09-16-2015

United States of America

277 Signins

2876 Page Views

• Views: 2876
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto g6 January patch

2019-02-23, 13:08 PM

This has been discussed at length here. SOAK tests are in progress (possibly completed). Andriod P is rolling out in other markets first. Notibly Brazil which is their largest market, with other markets (including the US) following after that.

I understand everyones frustrations with the lack up updates, and lack of communication from the Moto team on expected dates for specific markets. I will say this though, they have been a little quicker to release security updates. That coupled with P starting to roll out gives me hope that it will be sooner rather than later for the US market.

Will that happen today, next week, May? No one knows, but I am trying to show some patients while encouraging them to be more proactive regarding updates vs reactive to those of us that have been complaining.

Moto G6
Options

14 Posts

11-17-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

238 Page Views

• Views: 238
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto g6 January patch

2019-02-23, 20:04 PM

With the potential to be at risk not having timely patches etc it is not a complaint, it's a serious concern. I use my device for work, it's a concern to me that the updates are spotty and infrequent. It's a great device that deserves a long shelf life. The potential for greatness is there. I think all the questions stem from the greatness that was Motorola, and our experience now. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms