Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Views: 27540
  • Message 81 of 92

Re:Moto G6 Audio volume automatically lowers./Speaker & Incoming Ringer very low volume

2020-06-30, 9:37 AM

@ macbela wrote:

My moto g6 audio quality is degraded after update .

The problem is persistent in all media.

I do a factory reset.

Give Solution of this problem

Hello!

Thanks for sharing the Bug Report, I will update our concerned team.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

07-22-2020

Argentina

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 82 of 92

Re:Moto g6 audio quality degraded after Android 9 update

2020-07-22, 18:54 PM

Hello, i'm from argentina, same issue, my moto g6 has like 18 months and this issue started about 3 weeks ago, the volume started to be low after 1 sec of correct audio. Now i dont even have audio, my speakers dont work anymore, but this is not a hardware issue, looks more like a software issue, my phone did not have any damage and the speakers stoped working while i was looking a video (with the low volume issue) on my bed

Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Message 83 of 92

2020-07-23, 4:49 AM

@ JulianMoran wrote:

Hello, i'm from argentina, same issue, my moto g6 has like 18 months and this issue started about 3 weeks ago, the volume started to be low after 1 sec of correct audio. Now i dont even have audio, my speakers dont work anymore, but this is not a hardware issue, looks more like a software issue, my phone did not have any damage and the speakers stoped working while i was looking a video (with the low volume issue) on my bed

Hi,

Sorry to know about your device. I would suggest you please check your device in Safe Mode and observe it for some time. 

Also, take the hardware test- go to the app drawer > Moto/Device help > Hardware test > Speakers > test.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

07-22-2020

Argentina

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 84 of 92

2020-07-23, 13:02 PM

Hello, thanks for replying, i already tried:

• hard reset
  • safe mode
  • hardware test (speakers dont work in this test but i went to a professional and after some test he mentioned that the speaker should be in good shape, he doesnt understand why it doesnt work)
  • desactivating dolby audio
  • factory reset

Do we have any news regarding a solution?

Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Message 85 of 92

2020-07-27, 10:58 AM

@ JulianMoran wrote:

Hello, thanks for replying, i already tried:

• hard reset
  • safe mode
  • hardware test (speakers dont work in this test but i went to a professional and after some test he mentioned that the speaker should be in good shape, he doesnt understand why it doesnt work)
  • desactivating dolby audio
  • factory reset

Do we have any news regarding a solution?

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused thanks for trying with the troubleshooting steps. 

We have been reported with a similar concern with Moto G6 Play and have collected Bug reports for that device. So I would like you to generate a Bug report and share it with us, so we can update our concerned team.

Here are the steps:

1.  Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. 

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Options

4 Posts

06-18-2020

Argentina

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 86 of 92

2021-01-06, 1:27 AM

Since last year in which I had a sound issue, I took my G6 plus to the authorized service in my country, Argentina.

Previously, I came to you for a solution:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6-Play/New-G6-Plus-with-Android-9-has-notification-sound-issues/m-p/4410452?page=1#5077469

It seems that is an habit in this forum to start with the same old story when there are no solutions or suggestions for customers.

"Hello xxx, we are sorry to learn about the inconvenience this may have caused. Please write us at apsocial@motorola.com. We will have one of our team get in touch with you for further assistance. We thank you for your patience. " , etc...

This is something that most customers hate: lack of effective solutions. Not just polite irrelevant time wasting chat. Sorry agent guys, nothing personal. You are employees working hard. My respects. These is addressed to the white collar guys that made me decide not ever again buy another Motorola / Lenovo device. I am fed up of bad products and service. Shame on you !

This is my third Motorola in many years and for sure will be the last. The phone has a serious hardware bug and also software issues around some aspects of sound.

When I first bought this G6 plus, I was tired of my previous DEFY 2, because the sound was bad. I bought the current G6 plus from Claro Argentina, a powerful local provider and fine network operator. I asked for a really good sound cell phone and they suggested G6 plus. No problems for about one year. Something happened after the last Android 9 update that made this device start with all kinds of stupid sound problems. It was very bad because I use the phone mostly for my job where I need reliable connection, phone and internet for social media, as most of us.

Notifications changed from time to time and had to be reset to the original ringtones. Volume settings changed, keyboard stopped clicking, etc. The volume was very low, more and more, each day worse until finally the device lost it sound completely. Unusable.

I am an experienced electronic design engineer. The authorized service just changed the speaker, charged some money because the warranty was void but the phone never got its original loud and clean volume again. They said that I was wrong and that the device showed a normal volume which is false. I learned to use the phone with this lousy new standard inefficient sound volume.

This phone has a special characteristic: the same speaker that is used for music, ringtones, loud sounds is also used to reproduce tiny sound in phone calls, but with a controlled tiny volume in order not to hurt you ears. IMHO there are here to coincident issues.

Hardware issue: the new speaker is not the same original quality and specs that the original one. Probably does not match the correct impedance of the audio output amplifier.

Software issue: the phone has degraded its volume in ***ALL*** apps, including listening to phone calls audio, in which very less output power is needed as your ear is almost in touch with the speaker, very close to your ear. Other cellphones have separate speakers, one for music and high volume audio, and another that works specially as an earpiece. In this function the speaker tends to works almost fine. It was better when new, though. The fact that the sound power AND quality has been degraded must have a relation with the way SOFTWARE deals with volume setting, which is a digital drive. When you change the volume setting, you are pressing a key, and not turning an analog knob as in a vintage radio receiver (to say it in such a way everybody reading this can understand). It is Android 9 that is sending digital commands that control the output amplifier power when the keys are pressed, and also tone settings (meaning treble, bass, etc) . Even more: the new fact that volume starts dropping after some seconds when listening to, say, a WhatsApp audio message in an almost perfect descending linear ramp until the sound fades so much that nothing else can be heard, IS REALLY A SOFTWARE ISSUE more than an analog problem. But, it still could be that a bad or partially failed speaker can incorrectly load the amplifier in such a way that an internally a temperature issue may cause the power amplifier to enter a safety, self protection, current limiting mode to prevent battery consumption in excess, or even an output short circuit because of the broken speaker. This is a very usual way power amplifiers protect themselves from user's short circuits and bad speakers. This can be said because waiting a couple of seconds and replaying the same audio, will always start in a higher almost normal volume and the perfect ramp down is almost mathematically reproduced again and again. This could be the amplifier cooling down a bit between playing an audio and the next one. And finally, the speaker (the "new" out of spec replaced speaker) could be showing a very particular failure that makes the volume ramp down and distort in a very ugly way, not being the amplifier or the software itself the responsible for this problem.

So, 2 things left, guys. First, Q: what could be ruining the speakers if this wasn't a simple software issue? A: liquid, moist, alcohol cleaning, etc. Because unless Motorola/Lenovo perfectly knows the fact that the speakers al failing, probably nothing can be done when they are facing a poor design. Second: why don't you roll back the software to a previous good working state? Is this so much difficult?

LENOVO guys: where are the solutions? I'd never heard something creative from you side. This is really offensive for faithful customers as me. I wont charge you for the technical thinking this time. But as I said before, my next phone will be a Samsung, LG, Nokia or any other vulgar brand and model not having such an uncomfortable sound issue as my G6 plus and specially such a poor customer support.

Cheers

PS: I wont take the phone again to the local service, because they will provide the same stupid and useless solution. They will replace the speaker. Again.

Options

13097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1256 Signins

170825 Page Views

• Views: 170825
  • Message 87 of 92

2021-01-08, 20:32 PM

Hi Obiwan__Kenobi

I apologize if you feel that way. I have brought this up to my team. Were these call audio and if so what type of calls Regular, VoLTE, VoWifi or all scenarios? Or just media volume? Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Can any of you confirm if you have sent the phone for repair? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

4 Posts

06-18-2020

Argentina

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 88 of 92

2021-01-13, 18:19 PM

Hello Rich.

No volume at all. All services. Speaker (or so called ringer) is dead.

Headphones, when connected provide tiny, very low volume.

I had left my cellphone in the same authorized service

TECHNIC AR

with order service No. SOAR375002-2101130002,

atn: Ms. Melisa.

Av. Rivadavia 4240

CABA

Buenos Aires Argentina

PH: +5491149581884

This is the same claim, more than 3 months passed from my last repair, I was charged for a new ringer or speaker, exact same problem now.

This was today, 1 hour ago 01-134-2021 @ 13:47

This forum has been reported and link mailed to the manager.

Anyway I will be charged for a new speaker and I know this will not solve the problem.

One entire week without my Motorola G6+ is a real problem that is costing me.

I still need a serious reply from you and eventually a refund for this repair.

The official tech service provider reports >>>lots of G6+<<< with the same problem and even one customer repaired his phone 5 times for the same reason.

I think it's time for you guys to take action on this that has 3 years of documented complaints now.

Regards

Roberto Berner

Options

13097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1256 Signins

170825 Page Views

• Views: 170825
  • Message 89 of 92

2021-01-15, 22:06 PM

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for confirming. Just to let you, I'm still discussing this with my team. Unfortunately, I have no details to share with you as of this moment but we're still discussing this. I will let you know as soon as I have more details to share. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

1 Posts

01-16-2021

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 90 of 92

2021-01-16, 17:11 PM

Hey,

I did get my speaker repaired from a local centre. The speakers work well on a hardware test. I have factory reset my phone thrice and I have disabled any Bluetooth devices that were connected.

I am facing this issue since around September. The about phone info shows last update on 1 April, 2020.

Please help me regarding this. Even calls are inaudible some times.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms