02-16-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto g6 not charging, or pulling up bootloader screen

2020-02-16, 18:22 PM

A few months ago I had a smiliar problem, my moto g6 would not seem to charge. I thought it was charger so I tried many of them all in working condition with other phones. So i cleaned out the charging port on my phone - nothing worked. Same old story it seems with this phone. Anyway, I got it to charge finally by accessing the bootloader screen and letting it sit to charge on that screen - sort of tricked it. And once turned on it was fine. 

It seems I only have this problem when the phone dies/ is turned off. It likes to play dead and say it isn't charging even when it is. Refusing to turn on by giving me the Yellow exclamation point sign rathar than a charging lightning bolt symbol. I've been doing okay just trying to keep the charge on it without letting it die so I don't have to go through the inconvenience of this process. 

Until now. This time, my phone died, and I plugged it in. It did the same thing. But I pulled up the bootloader page to let it charge and the screen went black after 30 seconds (unusal for my phone). Now I can't get the bootloader screen to even come up. I know but phone is getting the charge. But i'm sort of locked out bc it's as if something is blocking that from registering and therefor wont go through the process of turning on.

At this point, what do i do? 

Options

1540 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

274 Signins

16814 Page Views

• Views: 16814
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto g6 not charging, or pulling up bootloader screen

2020-02-19, 4:06 AM

wrote:

A few months ago I had a smiliar problem, my moto g6 would not seem to charge. I thought it was charger so I tried many of them all in working condition with other phones. So i cleaned out the charging port on my phone - nothing worked. Same old story it seems with this phone. Anyway, I got it to charge finally by accessing the bootloader screen and letting it sit to charge on that screen - sort of tricked it. And once turned on it was fine. 

It seems I only have this problem when the phone dies/ is turned off. It likes to play dead and say it isn't charging even when it is. Refusing to turn on by giving me the Yellow exclamation point sign rathar than a charging lightning bolt symbol. I've been doing okay just trying to keep the charge on it without letting it die so I don't have to go through the inconvenience of this process. 

Until now. This time, my phone died, and I plugged it in. It did the same thing. But I pulled up the bootloader page to let it charge and the screen went black after 30 seconds (unusal for my phone). Now I can't get the bootloader screen to even come up. I know but phone is getting the charge. But i'm sort of locked out bc it's as if something is blocking that from registering and therefor wont go through the process of turning on.

At this point, what do i do? 

Hi clrkhthr000,

Sorry to know about this. My best advice in this situation is that you submit your device for a repair. Our engineers will examine your device and assist you further. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save