Options

1 Posts

08-01-2019

US

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 111 of 120

Re: MOTO G6 - Never Set up Password - Asking for a password - Locked out of account

2019-08-01, 13:09 PM

I am beyond upset. First of all I never even created a password so why am I being asked for one???  I cannot afford to do a reset on my phone.  Although many things are saved. There are still many things that are not.  I was a faithful Samsung user for over 20 years, I will never trust this brand again.  I'm going back to Samsung. 

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2019

US

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 112 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-08-09, 22:59 PM

Having the same issue with the G6..  our family has has  had 10 Moto phones( g,x and z)  this will be the last.

Unreal that you'll roll out a release after this long without having the bugs and requiring a factory reset.

I was furious after my both my x and z had horrific burn in issues.  Now a factory reset because of a non existent pin.  

Options

2 Posts

08-11-2019

US

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 113 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-08-11, 6:10 AM

Hey my g6 did the same thing. Solution is remove all locks from your phone, then update hope this isn't too late.my wife's phone has no locks and update worked perfectly.

Options

3 Posts

12-26-2018

GB

7 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 114 of 120

Moto 6 update

2019-08-14, 23:07 PM

Just did the Android Pie update and now it won't accept my pattern to unlock screen.  I have seen others have had this problem.  Has there been any solution?

Options

Re: Moto 6 update

2019-09-29, 9:58 AM

Absolutely fuming. Since the last security update, my Moto G6 keeps rebooting. I think there must have been another update last night as it crashed again, only this time I can'start up my phone as it does not recognise my PIN.
This needs sorting ASAP! I can't afford to be out of contact, I am a supply teacher and my agency needs to be able to reach me at short notice when work comes in!

Options

2019-09-29, 10:13 AM

I tried using this link https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/moto-g-family/moto-g6/tutorials#/device/motorola/moto-g6/topic/reset/external-reset/5 as suggested near the beginning of this thread.
When I selected 'recovery' I got a message up saying 'your device has failed verification and may not work properly. To learn more visit motorola/unlockbootloader ' So the attempt at doing an external factory reset has failed.
So tried the link which took me to this page https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a which says the following -

• You will lose all media and content on your device and will need to reinstall all applications downloaded from Google Play.
  • Applications may not work anymore.
  • You may lose encryption support.
  • You may lose some key functions like telephone, radio, and audio playback.
  • You could cause permanent/physical damage to your device.
  • Unlocking your bootloader will not change your device subsidy lock status
    and
  • Unlocking your bootloader is not for the faint of heart. Unlocking your device and installing your own software might cause the device to stop working, disable important features and functionality, and even make the device unsafe to the point of causing you harm. Neither Motorola, nor your wireless carrier or retailer from whom you purchased the device, will be responsible for such damage, so please do not unlock or load any software unless you know what you are doing.
  • You have only yourself to blame. Unless you have a Developer Edition device, once you get the unlock code, your device is no longer covered by the Motorola warranty; in other words, please don't blame us if things go wrong, even if they appear unrelated to unlocking the bootloader.
  • The law still applies. You still need to operate your device in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations prescribed by the FCC, and any other governmental agency for that matter. Your wireless carrier may prohibit unlocked devices from operating on their network.
  • And now a word from our lawyers. Finally, in order to unlock your device, you need to agree to important legal terms, which can be found on the next page. Agreeing creates a binding legal agreement, so be sure to read them carefully.

EXCUSE ME? I am only having to consider doing this because, you, MOTOROLA sent out a fatally flawed update! I bought this phone just after Christmas 2018. It is now utterly bricked!

Options

2019-09-29, 19:34 PM

Good news - after attempting to enter the pin and reboot many, many time, the PIN was cleared and I was able to recover my phone using the back up facility. However, this took several hours! 

Options

2019-10-04, 16:46 PM

Well **bleep** this, no replies after days from any technical help? Wow. Guess I was right to assume that Lenovo/Motorola have awful customer service. Well my phone is going back to where I bought it as it still keeps crashing. Never, ever buying a motorola phone again!

Options

2 Posts

06-02-2017

AR

5 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 119 of 120

2019-11-04, 2:06 AM

Really???? I will keep doing it then

thanks

Options

1 Posts

03-11-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 120 of 120

Re:Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2020-03-11, 16:08 PM

Just got this after installing the latest security update.  

Owning a Moto G6 Play has been a very good experience.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete