Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-08-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

31 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 31
  • Message 51 of 120

Re: MOTO G6 Pattern lock not recognized after Android 9 update

2019-04-08, 19:50 PM

I am having the same problem but I definetely do not want to do a factory reset, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 52 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-04-08, 20:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have reported this and we're still investigating this. For the meantime, please try doing the external reset as it's the workaround to solve this. I'll let you know if we'll come up with anything and/or if we need further information. Let us know too if the external reset works. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

04-09-2019

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 53 of 120

2019-04-09, 23:23 PM

Same problems as everyone else here. Cannot believe that this hasn't been sorted out. Factory reset as the only option has got to be a joke??!! Am extremely unhappy as others are with the potential of losing not only data, but time in getting back to current set up. Will not be buying another moto phone unless there is a swift fix

Options

1 Posts

04-10-2019

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 54 of 120

2019-04-10, 10:26 AM

I've had exactly the same problem as other users here after downloading the upgrade and now can't access my phone. Should I just turn off the phone and wait for a proper fix in the next couple of weeks? Is this likely to happen? I have some recordings that I hadn't yet synced to google drive that it will be a problem if I lose, so a factory reset is not a good option for me if there's any chance there is a fix. 

Options

4 Posts

04-11-2019

Argentina

3 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 55 of 120

Re: MOTO G6 Pattern lock not recognized after Android 9 update

2019-04-11, 2:48 AM

My Moto G6 phone has just been updated to Android 9 and it's also locked. This is unbelievable. Lenovo/Motorola used to be serious companies. How is it possible that they continue to roll out the update when they are aware of this disaster?

Is there any other solution other than hard reseting the device? (which is not a solution at all). I think this will be my last Moto phone.

Options

4 Posts

04-11-2019

Argentina

3 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 56 of 120

2019-04-11, 3:13 AM

Same problem here. This was my third Moto phone and will be my last. I'll also apologize to all my friends and relatives who bought Moto phones after my recommendation. I'll advise them to switch to other, more serious companies.

Options

2 Posts

04-06-2019

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 57 of 120

2019-04-11, 7:13 AM

As IIwrote before, I had the exact same issue. I  did the factory reset... Totally unacceptable! I am still struggling to setup each app and I lost data. 

I find it very strange that none of these Motorola agents asked for any details. If you are trying to solve the problem how can you do that with no data?

In my case the culprit seemed to be the fingerprint sensor, as it was the one to have"forgotten" my pin/pattern. 

So, 3 questions:

1) Do people that hadn't activated the fingerprint sensor get that issue after updating to Android 9?

2) is there a way to legally hack the phone? I.e. could we use some special startup or a connection to pc to use our credentials and get in?

3) is there a way to, at least, backup data when the screen is locked! In my case usb too pc didn't do it... The phone was unlocked once, so security wise it would still have been safe to let me access the data. My sd card was formatted as internal, so i guess it wouldn't work if i connected it directly to the pc. 

Motorola/Lenovo, please make sure your fingerprint sensor gets updated.

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2019

Guernsey

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 58 of 120

2019-04-11, 11:58 AM

Mine was the same, I did have finger print unlock previously setup. it was saying to enable finger print unlock enter pin everytime I tried to unlock, and it was saying this even if I tried to unlock the phone pressing the power button and not touching the finger print sensor in the first place. 

Options

24 Posts

09-04-2017

31 Signins

282 Page Views

• Views: 282
  • Message 59 of 120

2019-04-11, 12:16 PM

1) Do people that hadn't activated the fingerprint sensor get that issue after updating to Android 9?

No finger print set up. Pattern only.

I would be concerned by Motorola's silence on the issue, the time it has taken to resolve  and the lack of clarity. Maybe the software update was already hacked and compromised the security of the device. I say this as everybody with this issue cannot acces their devices after start upup a this issue  has only arose after an update which said all our information is safe,  which it  out we cannot access .. Hmmmmm

Options

3 Posts

04-08-2019

5 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 60 of 120

2019-04-11, 18:16 PM

@agent_rich Do you have update on this please?  We've not had an update for a few days.  Is there any official line from Motorola on this issue?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms