US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto g6 won't charge over 4%

2020-02-19, 14:18 PM

Hello! I need some help!

My phone won't charge when it's on, it only does so when turned off, but even then it won't go over 4%. Which is enough to turn it back on but just for a little bit, it has been enough tough for me to try the restart on safe mode, but that didn't work. (I am using the original charger and cable)

Any suggestions?

Options

1540 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

274 Signins

16814 Page Views

• Views: 16814
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto g6 won't charge over 4%

2020-02-20, 5:49 AM

wrote:

Hello! I need some help!

My phone won't charge when it's on, it only does so when turned off, but even then it won't go over 4%. Which is enough to turn it back on but just for a little bit, it has been enough tough for me to try the restart on safe mode, but that didn't work. (I am using the original charger and cable)

Any suggestions?

Hi Paguilart,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for posting! Can you try with another charger if one is available and see if the issue persists? Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-19-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto g6 won't charge over 4%

2020-02-20, 10:06 AM
Hello! It seems to be working fine now... I managed to perform a factory reset, which at first didn't make any difference and didn't give me enough time to complete the new set-up. However, when using a different charger the same thing happened at first (only charging until 4% when turned off), but for some reason, it stayed on longer and I was able to perform the new set-up. Throughout the process the battery icon kept showing an exclamation mark of low battery as it weren't plugged in. Eventually the symbol changed, and the typical sign of being connected showed up and the battery level went up. Once that happened I changed back to my original charger and it also continue charging as if nothing had happened. Not sure whether the factory reset made a difference or not, but it seems like it was the alternative charger what eventually made it work again.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save