12-20-2019

GB

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 9

Motorola G6 play is permanently muted

2020-03-19, 15:15 PM
Hi my Motorola G6 play is permanently muted despite a factory reset and going through all the appropriate settings on the phone. The only way I can talk to people via the phone is to turn the speaker on. I have also tried to operate the phone in safe mode and that made no difference. This appears to be a common fault so look forward to you fixing this issue for me
Options

1538 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

274 Signins

16804 Page Views

• Views: 16804
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Motorola G6 play is permanently muted

2020-03-20, 4:01 AM

Hi MART6,

Sorry to know about this. May I know when did it start? Please take the hardware test-- go to the app drawer > Moto help > hardware test > Receiver > test. Let me know the test results.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

12-20-2019

GB

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2020-03-20, 10:28 AM

Suman the phone has been doing this now for over a week and I have done the hardware test several times. The phone is also on the latest software version and fully updated. The hardware test says that both the micro phone and earpiece are not working, although the phone works perfectly when on speaker. I believe this is a software issue............These faults have been registered by other users and you must be aware of what is causing this to happen. I look forward to a solution shortly 

Options

4 Posts

12-20-2019

GB

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2020-03-23, 11:20 AM

Suman is there any update?

Options

1538 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

274 Signins

16804 Page Views

• Views: 16804
  • Message 5 of 9

2020-03-25, 12:36 PM

Hi,

I am sorry to let you know that, it looks like there is an issue with the hardware. In the hardware test, since both the Microphone and earpiece test failed, a repair would be the next option. Speaker and Microphone are two different hardware. Kindly contact our Motorola Support from your region for further assistance.

Regards,

Suman  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

12-20-2019

GB

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2020-03-26, 9:11 AM

Suman I would accept that response if the phone didn't work perfectly when the loud speaker is activated. Can you please explain why this is a hardware issue if the phone works when on loud speaker.?This has happened before and rectified itself without me doing anything? The phone says its muted and I can't turn the mute off.

I look forward to your early response.

Thank you 

Martin

Options

2041 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2898 Signins

51676 Page Views

• Views: 51676
  • Message 7 of 9

2020-03-27, 14:10 PM

Suman I would accept that response if the phone didn't work perfectly when the loud speaker is activated. Can you please explain why this is a hardware issue if the phone works when on loud speaker.?This has happened before and rectified itself without me doing anything? The phone says its muted and I can't turn the mute off.

I look forward to your early response.

Thank you 

Martin

So the phone actually displays that it's muted? If that's the case then I apologize for the confusion. Can you share a screenshot showing the message. Do you recall getting any updates either from us or from the Play Store when you started seeing this behavior? Can you also update your forums profile with the current IMEI or SN so we can check from our end if we see anything out of the ordinary?

-Tom

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

12-20-2019

GB

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2020-03-31, 16:09 PM

Tom I have updated the forum profile as requested, to be clear the phone does not display that it is muted. When I  call a number the phone will ring the number but silently, when the person answers the call they cannot hear me and I cannot here them. An option is displayed to put the call on speaker, once the call is placed on speaker the other person can hear me and I can hear them. On receiving an incoming calls the phone will ring but on answering the call the same thing happens until I activate the speaker and then they can hear me and I can hear them. 

When I go into the sound settings on the phone, the do not disturb function is turned off but it constantly says that the sound and vibration is muted, what ever I try it still says that the sound and vibration behaviour is muted.

I can't make this any clearer sorry. Please call me if you wish to discuss this further, going back and forth on this forum is both very time consuming and frustrating, I am over 10 days on this now with no resolution. 

Thank you

Options

101 Posts

04-03-2018

GB

292 Signins

2492 Page Views

• Views: 2492
  • Message 9 of 9

2020-04-07, 8:45 AM

Tom I have updated the forum profile as requested, to be clear the phone does not display that it is muted. When I  call a number the phone will ring the number but silently, when the person answers the call they cannot hear me and I cannot here them. An option is displayed to put the call on speaker, once the call is placed on speaker the other person can hear me and I can hear them. On receiving an incoming calls the phone will ring but on answering the call the same thing happens until I activate the speaker and then they can hear me and I can hear them. 

When I go into the sound settings on the phone, the do not disturb function is turned off but it constantly says that the sound and vibration is muted, what ever I try it still says that the sound and vibration behaviour is muted.

I can't make this any clearer sorry. Please call me if you wish to discuss this further, going back and forth on this forum is both very time consuming and frustrating, I am over 10 days on this now with no resolution. 

Thank you

Hi MART6. If you have another phone/landline available, you can can call our UK Technical Support on https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/contactus.   They will be more than glad to discuss the issue with you and solve it for you. If you can only make calls from your faulty phone, then please send us your phone number via DM, along with your full name, email address and IMEI number of your device and we will arrange for one of our agents to call you.

Kind Regards, 

Sara

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save