01-04-2020

ES

9 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 18

Motorola G6 with SIM but no service

2020-01-04, 15:56 PM

I have a Morotola G6. It was working fine, but after an update of the software in december when I rebooted it, it has never get again signal with phone provider indicating "no service" on the top of the screen.

I've tested the SIM in other phones, and it worked,

I've also performed a factory data reset and even wipe data/factory reset, but still not working.

What could I do before request a warranty repair?

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Views: 16454
  • Message 2 of 18

Re: Motorola G6 with SIM but no service

2020-01-06, 6:17 AM

wrote:

I have a Morotola G6. It was working fine, but after an update of the software in december when I rebooted it, it has never get again signal with phone provider indicating "no service" on the top of the screen.

I've tested the SIM in other phones, and it worked,

I've also performed a factory data reset and even wipe data/factory reset, but still not working.

What could I do before request a warranty repair?

Hi arctarus,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for reporting! Could you please check other SIM cards in your device and see if it's the same? When you said after an update, do you mean a Security Patch? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 18

2020-01-22, 0:45 AM

Hi, After looking on the internet I & others have the same issue after the last update so the finger is pointing to Lenovos last update (Build Number PPP29.55-35-18) this issue also prevents GSM activity so Google maps don't work for navigation, with no phone signal & no navigation the phone is a just a Brick.

So:

Please Lenovo take the issue by horns & get another update out quickly to give us all connectivity back.

Regards jsobrazil

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2020-01-23, 5:36 AM

wrote:

Hi, After looking on the internet I & others have the same issue after the last update so the finger is pointing to Lenovos last update (Build Number PPP29.55-35-18) this issue also prevents GSM activity so Google maps don't work for navigation, with no phone signal & no navigation the phone is a just a Brick.

So:

Please Lenovo take the issue by horns & get another update out quickly to give us all connectivity back.

Regards jsobrazil

Hi jsobrazil,

Sorry to know about this and letting us know. We would like to investigate this and for that I would like to know which Network Provider are you using, your device IMEI number (kindly update your profile --Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

and a Bug Report.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2020-01-23, 20:33 PM

Hi Suman, Thanks for getting involved. I've updated my profile as requested & the link to my Bug report is here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1Fcn6lfI4jEXQi45eQ21nAqpgTvqQQ1C-

Thank you 

John O

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2020-01-24, 5:07 AM

wrote:

Hi Suman, Thanks for getting involved. I've updated my profile as requested & the link to my Bug report is here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1Fcn6lfI4jEXQi45eQ21nAqpgTvqQQ1C-

Thank you 

John O

Hi jsobrazil,

Thanks for sharing! May I know which Network provider are you using? 

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2020-01-24, 11:06 AM

Hi Suman

My Phone service provider is Vivo.

Vivo.com.br

My ISP is Trixnet.

Trixnet.com.br

My WiFi on the phone is working okay.

Regards

John O

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2020-01-27, 5:43 AM

wrote:

Hi Suman

My Phone service provider is Vivo.

Vivo.com.br

My ISP is Trixnet.

Trixnet.com.br

My WiFi on the phone is working okay.

Regards

John O

Hi jsobrazil,

Thank you for sharing the details. 

Regards,

Suman

Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2020-01-29, 0:59 AM
Hi Suman, is there anyway I can reverse the last firmware update that degraded my phone into WiFi only? I need my phone service back,

Thanks

John O

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2020-01-29, 4:39 AM

wrote:
Hi Suman, is there anyway I can reverse the last firmware update that degraded my phone into WiFi only? I need my phone service back,

Thanks

John O

Hi jsobrazil,

I would like to inform you that there is no way to downgrade an update. 

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save