Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

04-22-2018

India

29 Signins

245 Page Views

• Views: 245
  • Message 1 of 29

Night Display colour and third party app colour shifting sometimes - Moto G6

2018-08-06, 18:08 PM

I purchased Moto G6 and have been using it for last 2 months.... There's a malfunction with the display of the phone....... 

1.) Screen Glitch : Time and again, SOME of the areas of the screen gets refreshed (grainy screen appears and disappears, though for a fraction of second but it bothers me a lot)

2.) Colour mixing : Suppose I'm reading an article with white background, while scrolling if any image (generally of reddish or yellowish colour) appears in the article and comes up in the display, the whole display gets a tint of that colour and it could be noticed as the white background turns yellowish or reddish. Though this is very hard to notice but this is a malfunction that exists in my phone....

Please get help me with my problem

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 29

Re: Faulty Screen/display

2018-08-07, 8:31 AM

Hello naman2898,

Thank you for reporting, we would like to further look into this, could you share us a quick video-- we would like to see what you see?

• Are you able to replicate this in safe mode? Let us know your observation?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

20 Posts

04-22-2018

India

29 Signins

245 Page Views

• Views: 245
  • Message 3 of 29

2018-08-07, 13:48 PM

The second issue that I mentioned only occurs when night light is enabled. I tried to record the screen but the video shows no such issues. This could only be seen on the phone's screen and that too when the night light is enabled.

coming to the first problem. It occurs for just a fraction of second and hence it's not really possible for me to make a video of it... I've found something similar on the internet to explain this.

This is how the Glitch looks like. Though it is not that big, It just appears in the form of slight/tiny horizontal lines at few places and that too for a fraction of second. Hope I was able to explain with the help of this.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 4 of 29

2018-08-07, 17:12 PM

wrote:

The second issue that I mentioned only occurs when night light is enabled. I tried to record the screen but the video shows no such issues. This could only be seen on the phone's screen and that too when the night light is enabled.

coming to the first problem. It occurs for just a fraction of second and hence it's not really possible for me to make a video of it... I've found something similar on the internet to explain this.

This is how the Glitch looks like. Though it is not that big, It just appears in the form of slight/tiny horizontal lines at few places and that too for a fraction of second. Hope I was able to explain with the help of this.

Hi naman2898,

Thank you for replying, the next option at this point would be service/exchange/replacement. If you could also share us a video showing what you see from a different device will be helpful.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

11 Posts

10-09-2018

India

25 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 5 of 29

2018-10-09, 9:54 AM

I had bought this phone (moto g6) in August 2018 and now I am facing the same issue. I had reset my phone as instructed by moto care but still, the problem is there.  This is my first moto phone and problems like is making me think that I had taken a wrong decision.

Options

15 Posts

07-29-2018

India

134 Signins

1650 Page Views

• Views: 1650
  • Message 6 of 29

2018-10-09, 17:40 PM

The change in color tone when Night Light is on is being observed by me too.. i thought it's due to the time the display is taking to adjust the blue light filter but if it's an issue then I'm worried.

The screen glitch even happened in my device usually when trying to quickly scroll through an article over chrome.

Considering that I bought the device via amazon.in and my return period has expired. What options do I really have to resolve this issue?

Just another moto user
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 7 of 29

2018-10-10, 12:00 PM

Hi sumit887monils2007,

Sorry to learn about this, we would like to investigate this further. Could you share us a video captured from a different device— we would like to see what you see?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

15 Posts

07-29-2018

India

134 Signins

1650 Page Views

• Message 8 of 29

2018-10-10, 13:56 PM

I've updated the IMEI number already and have private messaged you a link to a bug report I generated, in case that helps.

Motorola privacy settings is already on.

With regards to glitch it's hard to capture on video as I'm unaware as to when it'll occur.

I'll try to replicate the colour change and upload a video ASAP.

Just another moto user
Options

15 Posts

07-29-2018

India

134 Signins

1650 Page Views

• Message 9 of 29

2018-10-10, 15:21 PM

I'm sending you the link to google drive where I've uploaded the video via a private message (unable to send currently as the page says private message limit exceeded)

If you see in the video there's a clear change in the intensity of the Night Display when the red banner comes on the screen. This sudden change is a bit troublesome to the eyes as it is putting some additional strain.

Thanks and regards,

Just another moto user
Options

11 Posts

10-09-2018

India

25 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 10 of 29

2018-10-10, 16:09 PM

I have updated my serial number. The glitch is random so I can't shoot it and same is with night screen mode. Moreover, I have this phone only and I use night mode in midnight so it is not possible to borrow someone else phone. The care centre was saying that they will keep it under observation to see the glitch and I have to leave the phone for a day. As a postgraduate student, I need phone everyday and its not possible for me to give for a day. It is only been 2 months since I bought this phone and experiencing this type of errors and to give phone for a day is very disappointing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms