10-02-2018

IN

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 24

Numeric keypad not working during call

2018-10-02, 18:41 PM

When I'm on a call (with some customer care), and the IVR needs me to enter a number, I press the number on the numeric keypad, the number is displayed as entered, but the IVR doesn't get the entered number. Tried multiple IVRs - same issue always. Moto G6. Known issue? How do I resolve?

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 24

Re: Numeric keypad not working during call

2018-10-03, 9:57 AM

Hello HegdeNitin,

This is strange, we would like to learn more. As you have already tested with a couple of different IVR and failed to register the number you opt — may I know which IVR we are talking about?

• Also, help us with your carrier information you are using on your device?
  • From when are you noticing this? Is this intermittent?
  • Are you using a screen protector? Have you tried testing it without the screen protector?
  • Did you already test in safe mode? If yes, do you see any changes?
  • Are you able to dial the numbers for the regular call?

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

5 Posts

10-02-2018

IN

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 3 of 24

2018-10-03, 10:28 AM

Hi Swaraj,

I've updated the serial money in my profile. Moto privacy settings are set as well.

Other details you've asked for:

Carrier: Airtel

From when: Noticed it yesterday. But that was the first time I was on IVR from this handset since I bought it.

Safe mode: I haven't tried, yet.

Screen protector: not using one. However, the issue is beyond screen. Once on IVR, when I press a number key, the number is displayed as pressed in the dial screen, so I'm sure key press is successful. But the IVR doesn't get the input. Please see attached screenshot.

Dial pad is just fine. I can make all calls. Only the numbers I key in after I'm on the call (for IVR), though displayed on the screen are not received by the IVR.

I have tried the Airtel customer care (121) and Samsung customer care (1800 407 267 864) and the issue is same. 

Options

5 Posts

10-02-2018

IN

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 4 of 24

2018-10-03, 10:29 AM

You may sure look into my Apps to investigate.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 5 of 24

2018-10-03, 12:20 PM

wrote:

You may sure look into my Apps to investigate.

Great! Thank you for updating your profile, let me take a look. Meanwhile — we want to look further into this, to see what's causing the disconnect. Kindly send a bug report regarding this when you are on call and trying to connect to IVR. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. 

Also, could you test with a different carrier other than 'Airtel' with or without Volte and let us know if that resolves?

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Let me know if you have any questions?

Best Regards,

Swaraj

moto Support

Options

5 Posts

10-02-2018

IN

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 6 of 24

2018-10-10, 9:12 AM

Dear Swaraj,

Here is the bug report as advised by you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZJzAJ9iH0QW5Ysa-FUj5CeWpeSyZRZb/view?usp=drivesdk

I am unable to try with other carriers. The issue still persists.

"During the call, numeric keypad press is recognised and down in the display, but the IVR didn't get the key press."

Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help you resolve my issue. Thanks.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 7 of 24

2018-10-10, 10:48 AM

wrote:

Dear Swaraj,

Here is the bug report as advised by you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZJzAJ9iH0QW5Ysa-FUj5CeWpeSyZRZb/view?usp=drivesdk

I am unable to try with other carriers. The issue still persists.

"During the call, numeric keypad press is recognised and down in the display, but the IVR didn't get the key press."

Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help you resolve my issue. Thanks.

Hi HegdeNitin,

Thank you for providing the bug report, before we could share your reports for investigation— we would request you to test with a different carrier to see if the issue still persists. As I personally believe this is a carrier related issue.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

1 Posts

10-16-2018

IN

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 8 of 24

2018-10-16, 16:12 PM

Found a solution. Have a Moto G6 too.

Go to settings

Navigate to Accessibility

Scroll down and you will see a pane called interaction controls

There is a setting called touch and hold delay.. change this to long.

Restart your phone. It should work.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 9 of 24

2018-10-17, 12:08 PM

Hi Sricharan1

We thank you for your inputs, @HegdeNitin could you try the following steps and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

3 Posts

10-26-2018

IN

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 10 of 24

2018-10-27, 6:20 AM

Hi team, 

I too am facing he same problem. I've tried the steps outlined earlier still nothing.

I'm on moto g6, connected with Airtel. 

I have tried with multiple IVR systems. These used to work with the same sim and on a motorcycle g3

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save