12-01-2019

US

2 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: Phone shut down randomly after pie update

2019-12-01, 22:06 PM

I seem to have this same problem. Not sure when exactly it started happening or what caused/causes it. As somebody else said, I seem to have the problem only when I am not using the phone, like when I have it in my pocket. Usually happens when I am walking down the stairs at work AND not using the phone. So weird ...

Options

2544 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

353 Signins

23885 Page Views

• Views: 23885
  • Message 12 of 13

2019-12-02, 6:33 AM

wrote:

I seem to have this same problem. Not sure when exactly it started happening or what caused/causes it. As somebody else said, I seem to have the problem only when I am not using the phone, like when I have it in my pocket. Usually happens when I am walking down the stairs at work AND not using the phone. So weird ...

Hi elisacg,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for posting! Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps which are mentioned in this thread? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

12-27-2019

US

1 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 13 of 13

2019-12-27, 14:36 PM

I had the same problem after the Pie OS update last summer.  Tried MANY approaches to solving the "random" turn-off issue.  Took quite a while to figure out that I had to do the special start (very long start button press) in order to get the phone to start up again.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I noticed that the G6 had turned off three nights in a row while on a non-Motorola wall wart charger (not the Turbo charger) in the living room.  My Turbo charger stays in the den.  Realized then that I often had a G6 shutdown while in my shop (also a cheaper charger).  Ordered two more Motorola Turbo chargers and stopped using the light duty chargers. 

It's now been 51 days since the last "surprise" shutdown for my G6.  Have never had an issue with the chargers in the our vehicles so suspect that the problem is perhaps caused by poor voltage regulation rather than the lower amperage charging rate.  The 12V available in vehicles is from the vehicles' battery and should be very well regulated.  Interesting that my wife has an identical G6 and has only had one shutdown since the Pie update, but she has almost always uses either her Turbo charger or (since she's going somewhere about all of the time!), the vehicle chargers.

Your mileage may vary, but since I'd spent a lot of time on this forum looking for a solution, thought I'd share what has worked for me for the last two months.

..............Jim

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete