07-28-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 8

Phone turning off when maximum brightness

2020-07-28, 18:17 PM
Today I wanted to take a picture in the yard, it was sunny and I had to put the maximum brightness. But when I opened the camera and did that, my cell phone (Moto G 6 Plus, purchased in 2018) turned off. And then I can't take a picture with maximum brightness.
Options

2619 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

357 Signins

24370 Page Views

• Views: 24370
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Phone turning off when maximum brightness

2020-07-29, 9:51 AM

@ anabeatrizzz wrote:

Today I wanted to take a picture in the yard, it was sunny and I had to put the maximum brightness. But when I opened the camera and did that, my cell phone (Moto G 6 Plus, purchased in 2018) turned off. And then I can't take a picture with maximum brightness.

Hi,

Thanks for wiring to us! I will try my best to assist you with your concern. I would like to know does the phone switches off only while using the Camera with maximum brightness? 

How often does it automatically switch off? 

Also, please check your device in Safe Mode and observe it for some time. Let me know if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

07-28-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-07-29, 12:24 PM
Hello! No, it also turns off when the brightness is at maximum on any screen. It only turns off automatically when the brightness is at maximum, this is not certain since there are rare times that I put the brightness at maximum and discovered yesterday that it happens. If it turns off in Safe Mode, I won't lose any information, right?
Options

2619 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

357 Signins

24370 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-07-30, 11:15 AM

@ anabeatrizzz wrote:

Hello!No, it also turns off when the brightness is at maximum on any screen.It only turns off automatically when the brightness is at maximum, this is not certain since there are rare times that I put the brightness at maximum and discovered yesterday that it happens.If it turns off in Safe Mode, I won't lose any information, right?

Thanks for the clarification. No, you will not lose any data while your device is in Safe Mode. It is absolutely safe to test the device in Safe Mode.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

07-28-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-07-31, 14:26 PM
Hello again! Today I did some tests: Out of Safe Mode 1) Brightness at maximum: It didn't turn off, but I felt it got a little hot. So I put it on a lower brightness, but if I had stayed with it at most for a longer time, I think it would turn off. 2) Maximum brightness + Camera app + Battery Saver On: He turned it off and only turned it on when charged and when it turned on the brightness was high. 3) Maximum brightness + Camera app + Battery Saver Off: He turned off, but there was no need to charge it and when it turned on the brightness was low. On Safe Mode 1) It didn't turn off 2) It turned off 3) It turned off Perhaps this problem is also my fault. I leave it on all the time, but starting today I will restart it every day.
Options

2619 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

357 Signins

24370 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-08-04, 11:20 AM

@ anabeatrizzz wrote:

Hello again! Today I did some tests:Out of Safe Mode1) Brightness at maximum: It didn't turn off, but I felt it got a little hot. So I put it on a lower brightness, but if I had stayed with it at most for a longer time, I think it would turn off.2) Maximum brightness + Camera app + Battery Saver On: He turned it off and only turned it on when charged and when it turned on the brightness was high.3) Maximum brightness + Camera app + Battery Saver Off: He turned off, but there was no need to charge it and when it turned on the brightness was low.On Safe Mode1) It didn't turn off2) It turned off3) It turned offPerhaps this problem is also my fault. I leave it on all the time, but starting today I will restart it every day.

Thanks for trying and checking in Safe Mode. It looks like the issue is with the Battery. With full brightness, the battery is pulling more energy and making the device Shut down. 

You can try using the device, not in full brightness and see how often does the phone shuts down itself.

Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Options

5 Posts

07-28-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-09-11, 1:48 AM

It turned off several times today and I have to put it in charge to prevent this

Options

2619 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

357 Signins

24370 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-09-15, 10:51 AM

@ anabeatrizzz wrote:

It turned off several times today and I have to put it in charge to prevent this

My best advice in this situation is that you submit your device for a repair and get your Battery replaced. 

Here is the link: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/contactus/CallUs

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete