01-31-2019

US

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 4

Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

2019-01-31, 6:32 AM

I'm trying to set my Home Screen to be the same as my Lock Screen.  When I follow the directions, it seems like the software skips a step that occurs in the directions and I'm unable to change my home screen.  For example, from the Verizon page on the subject:

1. From a Home screen, touch and hold a blank area.
  2. Tap Wallpapers Wallpapers icon.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • To use an existing wallpaper image:
      1. Select the wallpaper image from the bottom of the screen.
        NoteSwipe bottom of screen left or right to display more wallpapers.
      2. Tap Set wallpaper (upper-left).
      3. To use an image from your gallery:
        1. Tap Select Image (at the bottom).
          NoteIf necessary, swipe bottom of screen to the right.
        2. Locate then select the preferred picture.
        3. Tap Apply (at the bottom).

In 1.1, swiping at the bottom of the screen does nothing.  1.2: Set wallpaper never appears.

In 2.1, Select Image is not displayed.  Swiping does nothing and Apply never appears.

I tried updating the wallpapers app from the Play Store and its still exactly the same.

Thanks.

Options

1044 Posts

10-08-2015

IN

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

2019-02-04, 6:25 AM

wrote:

I'm trying to set my Home Screen to be the same as my Lock Screen.  When I follow the directions, it seems like the software skips a step that occurs in the directions and I'm unable to change my home screen.  For example, from the Verizon page on the subject:

1. From a Home screen, touch and hold a blank area.
  2. Tap Wallpapers Wallpapers icon.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • To use an existing wallpaper image:
      1. Select the wallpaper image from the bottom of the screen.
        NoteSwipe bottom of screen left or right to display more wallpapers.
      2. Tap Set wallpaper (upper-left).
      3. To use an image from your gallery:
        1. Tap Select Image (at the bottom).
          NoteIf necessary, swipe bottom of screen to the right.
        2. Locate then select the preferred picture.
        3. Tap Apply (at the bottom).

In 1.1, swiping at the bottom of the screen does nothing.  1.2: Set wallpaper never appears.

In 2.1, Select Image is not displayed.  Swiping does nothing and Apply never appears.

I tried updating the wallpapers app from the Play Store and its still exactly the same.

Thanks.

Hi jbmckim,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to check this FAQ link & let us know. If you are still unable to set the same then please share us the video so that we could look into it.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Options

2 Posts

01-31-2019

US

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

2019-02-07, 18:34 PM

No.  The FAQ is the same flavor of wrong as the Verizon page I displayed, but with less detail. 

Put another way, when I go to Wallpaper, either through the main screen or through Settings/Display/Wallpaper, I am taken to a screen that has "Wallpapers" at the top.  Two images are displayed at the top:  Home Screen/Daily Wallpaper  and Lock Screen.  Below the two images displayed is a break that contains the title "Select Wallpaper."  Now, I'm going to caps this not because I'm angry but because I don't want the concept to be lost:  NO UPDATE OF THE THIS FORM IS ACCEPTED.  I have tried to select Select Wallpaper as well as every image on the list.  Select Wallpaper has NO response.  Selecting (touching ) the other images (all of them) transfers to a display of that image.  At that point as above NO UPDATE OF THE THIS FORM IS ACCEPTED.  Hopefully, this is clear.

Options

1 Posts

06-28-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

2020-06-28, 17:51 PM
Wow, those instructions are terrible. In the Wallpapers app, "Set Wallpaper" is NOT a tap-able link. It's really just an incomplete sentence that should read "Set Wallpaper From Images Below". The instructions should read: 1. Go into the Wallpapers app 2. Tap one of the image collections below the words "Set Wallpaper" 3. Tap an image. Swiping left or right will let you see more of said image. 4. In the upper right corner tap "Set Wallpaper". It will ask you if you want it set for the Home Screen, Lock Screen or Both.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete