Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

Re: Can't Update (Something's not right. Reconnecting to server...)

2020-02-06, 19:36 PM

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem as described by exit_failure. (here)

I followed all steps of the solution described above, but the it doesn't solve the problem.

The Moto G6plus hangs at step 2 of 6 and tells me the new version to be installed is PPWS29.116-20-16.

The LMSA displays "Current version: PPWS29.116-20-13"

Clicking the download icon gives the result "New version: Your version is up to date."

What should I do now?

Thanks for any support.

Options

1212 Posts

03-11-2019

US

518 Signins

35775 Page Views

• Views: 35775
  • Message 2 of 5

2020-02-06, 19:44 PM

Hi Moto_G6_plus,

That is odd. Try to flash your phone using the Repair function on LMSA then update your phone either OTA or LMSA tool. Please backup everything on your phone before flashing it since it will erase all data. Let me know if it helps. 

Download link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291

Instructions link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht102605

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-02-06, 20:15 PM
How would flashing the phone help to explain why the Lenovo Motorola Smart Agent (on my Windows PC) doesn't find the new version PPWS29.116-20-16 on the moto webserver?
Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-02-07, 10:13 AM

Hi there,
would anybody of the senior Moto_Agents please try to answer my last question before I'm forced to flash a phone that I bought six months ago? As far as I understand this issue I don't expect that flashing would solve the problem.

How would flashing the phone help to explain why the Lenovo Motorola Smart Agent (on my Windows PC) doesn't find the new version PPWS29.116-20-16 on the moto webserver?

Thanks für any support!

Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

Never buy a motorola phone if you expect support in case of problems

2020-02-08, 8:45 AM

After this poor service experience I'd like to share this link with everybody. I hoped I would find support from Motorola at this forum or somewhere else. Now I'm realizing that there are thousand of deeply frustrated Motorola customer out there.

Imagine you'd buy a self-driving car and the automated driving system has serious bugs which put your safety at risk. Allthough the programmer of the system offers bug fixes the car manufacturer doesn't care about the process of installing the fixes properly. Would you continue using this car for commuting to work every day if you know that there are other people out there knowing the details of the bugs of your driving system and trying to capture your car while driving?

If anybody feels appointed to change this experience, fell free to post a message here.

Otherwise you're welcome to share your thoughts.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save