04-03-2019

GB

45 Signins

720 Page Views

• Views: 720
  • Message 1 of 7

Security Updates On Motorola G6 Play

2020-06-28, 20:45 PM

Hey Motorola, could you please explain me, why you decided to stop providing us with security updates?? 

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

299 Signins

18489 Page Views

• Views: 18489
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Security Updates On Motorola G6 Play

2020-06-30, 9:35 AM

@ George_1988 wrote:

Hey Motorola, could you please explain me, why you decided to stop providing us with security updates?? 

Hi,

Thanks for posting! May I know when was the last time you received a Security update? 

Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- we would like to look into it. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

77 Posts

04-03-2019

GB

45 Signins

720 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-06-30, 12:04 PM

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ George_1988 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for posting! May I know when was the last time you received a Security update? 

Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- we would like to look into it. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Good afternoon Suman.

The last security update is from 1 April 2020.

I also updated my profile with my second phone (Motorola G6 Play)

I`m looking forward hearing from you :)

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

299 Signins

18489 Page Views

• Views: 18489
  • Message 4 of 7

2020-07-02, 7:14 AM

@ George_1988 wrote:

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ George_1988 wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Suman

Good afternoon Suman.

Thanks for sharing the device IMEI. I have checked and you are on the latest Security Patch. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

77 Posts

04-03-2019

GB

45 Signins

720 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-07-02, 9:00 AM

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ George_1988 wrote:

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ George_1988 wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Suman

Good afternoon Suman.

Thanks for sharing the device IMEI. I have checked and you are on the latest Security Patch. 

Regards,

Suman

Okay. Thank you for coming back to me. 

However, I just want to find out if device has been discontinued? 

Regards

Options

1 Posts

07-03-2020

GB

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-07-03, 15:02 PM

If you look on this site:

https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/softwareupgrade

It says that in relation to a moto g6 "This product will no longer receive security updates."

This is very poor given I bought it new last Summer.

Options

77 Posts

04-03-2019

GB

45 Signins

720 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-07-03, 16:55 PM

@ DrAlban wrote:

If you look on this site:

https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/softwareupgrade

It says that in relation to a moto g6 "This product will no longer receive security updates."

This is very poor given I bought it new last Summer.

I bought mine as a Christmas preset (back in 2018) for myself..

You said you bought yours last Summer, I don`t know why Motorola are treating their customers like that. SHAME ON THEM!!! 

I made the mistake to buy the M G8 Plus, and I think that will be my last Motorola smartphone...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete