Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-22-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 51 of 75

Re: I haven't gotten a single security update on my G6

2018-10-22, 5:15 AM

"We truly believe that waiting for a good release is better than having a potentially puzzling one pushed prematurely, with the subsequent need to carry out further work to fix bugs or improve its performance."

First, clearly the OP didn't mark this as the solved answer, so way to manipulate.

Second, you truly believe wrong. VERY wrong. I've owned an Android phone since there have been Android phones.

The ONLY reason we buy Motorola is for the best pure Android experience and the similar to Google Nexus/Pixel immediate updates.

If we want this laziness, we'd buy Samsung.

I know both Lenovo and Motorola aren't what they were. Between a tiny right hand shift key that makes the up key next to it useless on your lower cost laptops, that I must endure because my company forced it on me, and now junk Moto updates, may we ask... Can the Chinese please sell both companies back to a US based investment group.

We never had to put up with patronizing statements like that junk above before Google sold you. Maybe, as with Huawei, which I used to like, the Chinese government needs time to backwards engineer the Google software updates to install backdoors?

If you can't get an update pushed from Google to Moto in under 60 day (I'm on July security patch), you should quit because you are TERRIBLE programmers. I could root and update faster than this. Bugs? They're security patches! That means we have systems with security holes! Bugs? Are you joking?!?

Motorola updated on time when US based even before Project Treble. With Treble, there is ZERO excuse. So, you can feed that line about quality testing to people who don't know how Android actually works, and used to work with Motorola.

Apparently, whoever drew up that policy statement isn't even as educated as the users.

Sincerely, a guy who should have stuck to Google's own brands. I assumed Motorola would remain top notch because of its former close toes to Google. Now, I just understand why Google sold you... 

Options

3 Posts

10-22-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 52 of 75

2018-10-22, 5:25 AM

"We truly believe that waiting for a good release is better than having a potentially puzzling one pushed prematurely, with the subsequent need to carry out further work to fix bugs or improve its performance."

First, clearly the OP didn't mark this as the solved answer, so way to manipulate.

Second, you truly believe wrong. VERY wrong. I've owned an Android phone since there have been Android phones.

The ONLY reason we buy Motorola is for the best pure Android experience and the similar to Google Nexus/Pixel immediate updates.

If we want this laziness, we'd buy Samsung.

I know both Lenovo and Motorola aren't what they were. Between a tiny right hand shift key that makes the up key next to it useless on your lower cost laptops, that I must endure because my company forced it on me, and now junk Moto updates, may we ask... Can the Chinese please sell both companies back to a US based investment group.

We never had to put up with patronizing statements like that junk above before Google sold you. Maybe, as with Huawei, which I used to like, the Chinese government needs time to backwards engineer the Google software updates to install backdoors?

If you can't get an update pushed from Google to Moto in under 60 day (I'm on July security patch), you should quit because you are TERRIBLE programmers. I could root and update faster than this. Bugs? They're security patches! That means we have systems with security holes! Bugs? Are you joking?!?

Motorola updated on time when US based even before Project Treble. With Treble, there is ZERO excuse. So, you can feed that line about quality testing to people who don't know how Android actually works, and used to work with Motorola.

Apparently, whoever drew up that policy statement isn't even as educated as the users.

Sincerely, a guy who should have stuck to Google's own brands. I assumed Motorola would remain top notch because of its former close toes to Google. Now, I just understand why Google sold you... 

Options

3 Posts

10-22-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 53 of 75

2018-10-22, 5:39 AM

wrote:

hi Swaraj,

has lenovo released a moto g6 RETUS security patch after march 1, 2018?  if yes, 

1) What was the exact security patch level released?  for example: "June 1, 2018", "July 1, 2018", "August 1, 2018"

2) What was the exact date the security patch was released to the public?

lenovo has declined to answer this question.  lenovo's decision to retract their 60-90 day security patch commitment for the moto g6 has nothing to do with my individual phone.  lenovo's request for my individual phone's IMEI is declined.

Yeah, it has NOTHING to do with your IMEI, and you should NEVER give out your IMEI to anyone other than your carrier, and even they will rarely ask for it. And they requested it without providing instructions to find it or a secure portal or address to further troubleshoot in private... Are you kidding me? It's freaking amateur hour with Motorola! 

Options

3 Posts

07-05-2018

Canada

6 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 54 of 75

Re: Security Updates for Moto G6

2018-12-14, 15:28 PM

I have just received the new update version: OPSS27. 104-92-2. Has anyone downloaded it yet and is it ok?

Options

1 Posts

12-14-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 55 of 75

2018-12-14, 19:09 PM

Installed it yesterday. So far the phone has rebooted randomly about 10-15 times.  Any way to remove it?

martin

Options

2018-12-15, 19:42 PM
What patch is this Nov or December ??
Options

3 Posts

07-05-2018

Canada

6 Signins

63 Page Views

• Message 57 of 75

2018-12-15, 21:26 PM

December

Options

2018-12-16, 2:47 AM
So I should not install that update ??
Options

3 Posts

07-05-2018

Canada

6 Signins

63 Page Views

• Message 59 of 75

2018-12-16, 17:11 PM
I did and so far ok.
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 60 of 75

2018-12-17, 11:23 AM

wrote:

Installed it yesterday. So far the phone has rebooted randomly about 10-15 times.  Any way to remove it?

martin

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for reporting, we would like to investigate. May I know how did you update your device? Was it via official OTA update? If yes, can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? Let us know your observation. 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the restart? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms