US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Solved: Under Home Settings now missing change icon set

2020-02-06, 21:12 PM

Hi,

I've had my Moto G6 that uses CDMA via Tracfone for a week now.  I went to our local library to do the initial updates of the apps, security updates and Android version from 8 to 9. 

Press screen to show pop up and select Home Settings.  I thought for certain that is where I was able to change the icon set, but it is no longer there.  I wanted to change the icon set because after doing the Android version upgrade, the circular icons all show fine except that the Productivity Folder and Tools Folder icon that shows two and four  app images in them, respectively,  are strange looking, and not as before I did the update - that is, the edges are cut off of the images in the circle.  So, I went to Home Settings and changed the icons from circles to squares.  I didn't like that look, so I changed it so scircles.  Oddly, the Productivity Folder icon and the Tools Folder still show as a circle when changing the icons set to either  squares or scircles.   A day later and now I don't see where I can change the icon set under Home Settings as I would like to change it back to circles. Maybe I'm confused as to where I actually changed the icon set, but I thought for sure it was under Home Settings.  Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Solved: Under Home Settings now missing change icon set

2020-02-08, 0:23 AM

Did more searching on the problem and finally found an answer that concerned Android 10, but it worked for me in Android 9.
Initially I had enabled Developer Options and then disabled it once I was finished looking at stuff in that section. I don't like to leave it enabled.  That's when the setting for changing the icon look disappeared under Home Settings. Once I turned Developer Options back on, it reappeared. Thanks to the website: android gadget hacks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete