01-03-2019

GB

7 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 4

Texts not sending, not receiving.

2020-06-24, 19:17 PM
I have a Moto G6 play almost 18 MTHS old. I've been having issues with the amount of storage space available for the last 6 weeks, around 99% full. I've been regularly clearing the cache in numerous apps and on Mon cleared data too on the messaging app......... possibly a mistake!. I tried to send a text on Monday afternoon, no joy, no texts received either. Is this linked to clearing data on the app, no one seems to sure what it is. Anyway this morning spoke to my service provider O2 and they are going to send a new SIM card to me. Also rang customer service for Motorola and they suggested a number of things to do, but none worked. Nothing will send. Yesterday I was advised to do a factory reset, by O2 again no joy...has anyone had similar issues?
Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Views: 18819
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Texts not sending, not receiving.

2020-06-25, 9:32 AM

@ tolkienista wrote:

I have a Moto G6 play almost 18 MTHS old. I've been having issues with the amount of storage space available for the last 6 weeks, around 99% full. I've been regularly clearing the cache in numerous apps and on Mon cleared data too on the messaging app......... possibly a mistake!. I tried to send a text on Monday afternoon, no joy, no texts received either. Is this linked to clearing data on the app, no one seems to sure what it is.Anyway this morning spoke to my service provider O2 and they are going to send a new SIM card to me. Also rang customer service for Motorola and they suggested a number of things to do, but none worked. Nothing will send. Yesterday I was advised to do a factory reset, by O2 again no joy...has anyone had similar issues?

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. Have you received the new SIM card? Does the issue persists with the new SIM as well?

Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

01-03-2019

GB

7 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-06-25, 18:03 PM
Hi Suman Still awaiting my new SIM card from o2. It's been dispatched but hasn't arrived yet. I would never have messed around with deleting data and cache from my phone. Only did it because everytime I switched it on I was informed that storage space was running out.
Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Views: 18819
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-06-30, 10:07 AM

@ tolkienista wrote:

Hi SumanStill awaiting my new SIM card from o2. It's been dispatched but hasn't arrived yet. I would never have messed around with deleting data and cache from my phone. Only did it because everytime I switched it on I was informed that storage space was running out.

Once you receive the new SIM card, let me know if it's the same. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete