Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-09-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 4

Tons of issues since Android 9.0 update on G6...

2019-08-09, 20:38 PM

Just got the Pie 9 update. I see the media volume is now the default volume on the front screen. So my question is...the only way to now lower the ringer volume is to go into settings??? Before, I used to just use my volume up and down and I would see the volume bar go up or down on my front screen. Be kind, I'm 66 years old and not very techie :)

Options

232 Posts

03-28-2019

United States of America

344 Signins

5423 Page Views

• Views: 5423
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Tons of issues since Android 9.0 update on G6...

2019-08-09, 23:21 PM
Yeah, unfortunately Moto has not changed that native behavior of Android 9.

~us retail g6~no lifeguard on duty
Options

3 Posts

08-09-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-08-10, 0:54 AM
Thanks for your reply and being kind to an old grandma who knows little about cell phones except to call and text, but knows enough that she hates the change :)
Options

94 Posts

05-26-2016

United States of America

97 Signins

736 Page Views

• Views: 736
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-08-10, 2:45 AM

>> Volume <<

When you toggle the volume buttons, there is a tiny "gear" symbol below the volume bar... this will take you directly to the volume controls in settings.

I made the mistake having some free time and installing the update while traveling... not good.

Observations...

>> C connector <<

Since I have way too many MicroUSB cables, I use the chicklet sized Micro->C converters.  I was appaled to find that none of them worked after the update... which, of course, I didn't discover until I put the phone on the charger late one night when it was below 50%

The update, for some insane and useless reason, won't allow the phone accept a charge from any cable that doesn't have all data connectors wired according to standards... even though 99.9999999% of all C connections ever made are simply to charge the phone or device.

>> BlueTooth <<

Bluetooth became unusable after the update.  After connecting, the connection would be dropped with no notification.  To make things even worse, the update removed the bluetooth icon from the top status bar... now the only way to see if bluetooth is on is to pulldown and it takes time to figure out how to determine if bluetooth is connected or even ON.

I "forgot, "re-paired" and restarted attempting to connect multiple devices, multiple times in an attempt to get a BT Keyboard, mouse and two different headsets in an attempt to get reliable connections.  I finally gave up on the keyboard and mouse although the headsets did start behaving after the above.

>> Icons PLEASE!!!! <<

It was tiny, but in addition to pulling the BT icon out of the status bar, the old bluetooth icon in the status bar also displayed two additional dots that indicated that a device or devices were connected... also gone.  I relied on this information despite aging eyesight!  This is better how???

>> Locked??? <<

If you have valuable stuff on your phone, be careful.  I use fingerprint lock, but was sitting at a table today with the phone off and had been off for at least fifteen minutes, when I noticed the screen come on by itself displaying the desktop home screen.

I picked it up, and verified that the phone was indeed unlocked and everything was accessable to anyone who might have noticed and picked it up.

No, I don't have any location or device proximity settings to prevent the phone from locking.

Anyone have any pointers on how to obtain a certified Moto G6 Android 8 system image?

IMHO, whomever is in charge of providing this incomplete and flawed update needs to be fired.  I wonder how many manhours this incompetence has squandered around the world.

Beverly Howard

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms