03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 91 of 155

Re: Voice Match has stopped working

2019-08-12, 15:41 PM

It is important we try all possible troubleshooting steps you can do to isolate this. I would still recommend doing the factory data reset as mentioned in my previous post. Though I'm still further looking into it and searching outside the forums and see if I can find anything else we can try.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

08-08-2019

US

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 92 of 155

2019-08-12, 20:58 PM

a) resetting is a massive inconvenience. It's unreasonable to suggest it as a solution just because you don't know what else to try.

b) even if that fixes it, it's not an acceptable solution. 

c) we aren't being paid to test your product and fix bugs that you introduced into a functioning production device. You should test it yourselves and figure out the solution. 

You broke a core android function. It has been broken for a long time. Fix it. Don't wait around expecting the community to figure it out themselves. 

Options

4 Posts

04-24-2019

GB

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 93 of 155

2019-08-13, 7:46 AM

I've been having the same issue since the last update (see my earlier posts in this thread). However last week I received a new over the air update, which I installed taking my phone to Android 9, PPS29.55-37-4.

Early days but it's working without problem since the update. 

Cheers 

Ian 

Options

7 Posts

08-08-2019

US

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 94 of 155

2019-08-13, 15:30 PM

I don't have that update yet but here's a potential fix I just found:

Moto app > Voice > settings gear icon > retrain moto voice > toggle off voice control

Then go back into Google assistant settings and I was able to turn on voice match. I then went back and re-enabled the moto voice setting (I use it to respond to texts while driving) and Google voice match still works, for now. Good luck, everyone. 

Options

9 Posts

08-18-2016

US

11 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 95 of 155

Re: OK Google Does Not Work

2019-08-20, 17:52 PM

Having the same issues, just got my new Moto G6, and it went through about a half a dozen updates and then installed Pie, and now the Google Assistant doesn't work when I say Ok or Hey Google, only works when I tapping on the Google Assistant (Home) button. 

Looking into the app I noticed that the 'Access with Voice Match' under 'Voice Match' keeps turning off as soon as I turn it on, also cannot retrian, or delete voice model. If anyone has found a way to correct this please let me know before I send this off to Motorola for repairs.

Thanks

E

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2019

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 96 of 155

2019-08-20, 21:44 PM

This still doesn't work on my g6.  It's been broken since I upgraded to Pie.  Trying all the suggestions in this thread and still no success.  I'm trying a reset (a real pain) to see if things are any better.  My opinion of the g6 has declined.  The car shop recently updated the software in my car to fix a problem.  Now I can't pair my phone with the car, too.  So the phone is unusable (legally) while driving and the voice commands that made the phone useful in the car no longer work after Pie.  Why do I feel like I've been left dangling by Moto?

Options

4 Posts

04-24-2019

GB

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 97 of 155

2019-08-23, 9:50 AM

I spoke too soon regarding the recent update to PPS29.55-37-4 as Voice Match stopped working again a few days after my last post.

However, it does seem to be something to do with the Moto App as pointed out by gsorensen55. I have found that if I disable the Moto App (Settings-> Apps & Notifications-> Moto and select "DISABLE") then I can enable Voice Match and it all works again. Re-enabling the Moto app doesn't seem to, initially at least, stop Voice Match from working.

Cheers

Ian

Options

9 Posts

08-18-2016

US

11 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 98 of 155

2019-08-23, 22:26 PM

What is interesting and basically proves that Motorola messed up the PIE update for the MOTO G6 series is that if you have downloaded Motorola's MOTO Voice (Beta) app, it actually responds to its voice wake command "Hello Moto", unlike "Ok, or Hey Google"

Hope someone at Motorola is reading this and has told someone in software updates that they need to fix this.

Options

65 Posts

08-26-2019

AU

100 Signins

1361 Page Views

• Views: 1361
  • Message 99 of 155

2019-08-26, 10:46 AM

I'm on Android 9, PPS29.55-24, which it came with outta the box when I bought the phone last week.

This is an intermittent issue for me, very annoying. Restarting the phone helped once I think, but generally it doesn't; and then, when you least expect it, the 'Access with Voice Match' toggle will work again. And then, just as unpredictably, will stop working again.

Have tried everything that @ and others here have suggested.

Except I don't use the Moto app, so I haven't enabled Moto Voice, hence I cannot try @gsorensen55's suggestion.

By the way, in Safe Mode, the 'Access with Voice Match' toggle was greyed out so it couldn't be moved from Off anyway.

Not using a corporate account (afaik - not quite sure what that means tbh).

I don't use BitDefender.

That's about all I can say, except that if this very basic issue isn't resolved within a few weeks then I'll be returning the phone for a full refund - thankfully I bought it from Aldi here in Australia who are very generous this way, you can try it for 60 days and return it within that time, no-questions-asked :-)

That would be a pity, because apart from the lack of a notification LED, this is about the only issue I have with it. And even the notification LED issue can be circumvented by a 3rd party app.

So, better get your skates on pretty soon, Motorola/Lenovo!

PS: forgot to say, I have tried everything suggested EXCEPT factory resetting the phone! Because I do not believe I have done anything untoward that would result in data becoming corrupted, therefore for a tech support agent to suggest to me that I should try a factory reset is just a huge copout, as you know very well that exactly the same issue will rear it's ugly head again under the same set of circumstances, ie. setting up the phone again in exactly the same way that I've just spent the last several days doing. Factory resets are a last resort, only for when you know you've done something majorly wrong!

Options

4 Posts

11-23-2018

US

9 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 100 of 155

2019-08-26, 15:47 PM

Man, if I was you I'd return the phone. I've been having the same issue since the Pie upgrade, as have many others. If I still had the option I'd return and get the Moto 7.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save