09-16-2019

GB

16 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 9

Whatsapp automatic backup not working

2019-09-16, 9:20 AM

I'm having an issue with Whatsapp backups, I have it set to every day and upload to Google Drive, and it is stuck everyday on "Waiting for internet connection". I have no issues with connection, no data restrictions, no battery optimisation for Whatsapp. Tried to re-authorise access to Google Drive but that didn't help. Any ideas anyone? I'm on G6 Play and Android Pie. It worked fine on my old Xperia phone running Marshmallow.

Thanks.

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Views: 16644
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Whatsapp automatic backup not working

2019-09-17, 7:12 AM

wrote:

I'm having an issue with Whatsapp backups, I have it set to every day and upload to Google Drive, and it is stuck everyday on "Waiting for internet connection". I have no issues with connection, no data restrictions, no battery optimisation for Whatsapp. Tried to re-authorise access to Google Drive but that didn't help. Any ideas anyone? I'm on G6 Play and Android Pie. It worked fine on my old Xperia phone running Marshmallow.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know! Could you please tell us how are you trying to back up? Are you using mobile data or Wi-Fi connection? You can try switching your connections by toggling Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi or cellular and check. Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up over. Let us know if it's the same.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

09-16-2019

GB

16 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2019-09-29, 9:49 AM

I have it set on both wifi and data. Switching to data only works ok. It's not a problem with my wifi, it happens on another wifi too. In the morning, when it's stuck on "waiting for connection", if I cancel it and then click on back up manually it works. Very strange.

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2019-10-03, 7:01 AM

wrote:

I have it set on both wifi and data. Switching to data only works ok. It's not a problem with my wifi, it happens on another wifi too. In the morning, when it's stuck on "waiting for connection", if I cancel it and then click on back up manually it works. Very strange.

Hi pwalk,

In the Back up to Google Drive, have you selected the option "Daily"?  Please confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

09-16-2019

GB

16 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2019-10-03, 8:45 AM
Hi Suman,

Yes, as I said in my first post: "I have it set to every day and upload to Google Drive."

I have now observed that on some days it works and on some doesn't. It's seemingly random. I'm not making changes to any configuration. I've given up on looking for a solution.

P.
Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2019-10-03, 10:38 AM

wrote:
Hi Suman,

Yes, as I said in my first post: "I have it set to every day and upload to Google Drive."

I have now observed that on some days it works and on some doesn't. It's seemingly random. I'm not making changes to any configuration. I've given up on looking for a solution.

P.

Hi pwalk,

Kindly re-install the application and see if that helps. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

09-16-2019

GB

16 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2019-11-05, 10:12 AM

Back to this after a while, I wanted to see if the problem resolves itself.

I have reinstalled the app, and since then there have also been WhatsApp updates. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

What I don't understand is that it will work every other day or so. Then it goes back to being stuck on backup. I don't change any setting in the meantime.

WhatsApp told me it's likely something to do with the device.

Is there anything else that could be tried?

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2019-11-06, 4:27 AM

wrote:

Back to this after a while, I wanted to see if the problem resolves itself.

I have reinstalled the app, and since then there have also been WhatsApp updates. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

What I don't understand is that it will work every other day or so. Then it goes back to being stuck on backup. I don't change any setting in the meantime.

WhatsApp told me it's likely something to do with the device.

Is there anything else that could be tried?

Hi pwalk,

Since you did not change the settings and it's fluctuating in taking the back up, I believe it is either the application or the network. 

Regards,

Suman

Options

1 Posts

03-09-2020

IN

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 9 of 9

Re:Whatsapp automatic backup not working

2020-03-09, 14:44 PM

If you automatic backup for Whatsapp is not working then I would recommend you to check your Internet connection. One more thing to let you know that for complete you Whatsapp backup you would need a wifi connection, without wifi you will not be able to take your Whatsapp backup. If you are still facing problem then I would recommend you to read the article How to logout From Whatsapp Account. In this article you will understand how you would take a Whatsapp backup in addition to this you will also learn how to logout from Whatsapp from any devices

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save