Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-29-2018

Australia

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 3

Wired microphone headset issue

2018-11-29, 19:40 PM

Have a new moto g6, happy with the phone but have an issue using earbuds with microphones. Non-mic'ed headsets work fine for listening to media, mic'ed headsets have no audio and the mic doesn't work. I haven't used the bundled headset yet but have tried many different mic'ed headsets and same issue.

Any thoughts? Or is it a warranty issue? 

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Wired microphone headset issue

2018-11-30, 13:13 PM

wrote:

Have a new moto g6, happy with the phone but have an issue using earbuds with microphones. Non-mic'ed headsets work fine for listening to media, mic'ed headsets have no audio and the mic doesn't work. I haven't used the bundled headset yet but have tried many different mic'ed headsets and same issue.

Any thoughts? Or is it a warranty issue? 

Hi ScreenyMcScreen,

Thanks for reporting, this is odd that none of your Headsets is working with Mic enabled. Could you share us the make and model of the headsets you have tested with? Also, could you confirm if you have received the Headset with the device in a box when you purchased? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

1 Posts

12-28-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Wired microphone headset issue

2019-04-26, 21:02 PM

MOTOROLA HEADSET DEVICE:

MOTO G6play

We are having the same issue with three different Headset with mics not working and functioning properly with Moto G6 Play. Still within year warranty and purchased the Best Buy Geek Squad extended warranty which will cost $39.99 to receive a replacement phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We don't check this site regularly so we included a throw away email so you can respond. Thanks.

cgbiz@hotmail.com

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms