12-31-2018

United States of America

20 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 61 of 91

Re: low speaker volume on phone calls

2019-04-26, 23:02 PM

Excellent analysis of that one issue which plagues Moto G3 's THROUGH  even G7's as I've read.  However, I would not discount that Lenovo is too INCOMPETENT to solve the issue instead of Unwilling.

There are two other issues that I know G3 and G4 models have, one of which may be associated. We have it on BOTH of our Moto G3 phones purchased NEW as NOS. One horrific issue is is that the screen goes black during a call  and does  not come back on  (whether you are  listening to the call  against your face or  using  the Speaker selection, so you cannot Hang Up the call! No screen, therefore no access to the Red hung up button on the screen!

This happen with either  a Cell call or making a Google Voice (IP) call. I have read many other posts on other threads  by other G3 and G4 owners complaining about  this.

Another issue  is that Lenovo's  version of  the last Android  update available to G3 owners  (Android 6.0) eliminated the ability to MOVE   apps to  an auxiliary installed MicroSD card from the native SD Card. If you have a 8GB or 16 GB MotoG3, you are screwed to a limited number of Apps you can installs.   The 8GB G3 and G4 are essentially made worthless.  Lenovo should be sued for this too.

Options

5 Posts

10-12-2018

United States of America

13 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 62 of 91

2019-04-26, 23:13 PM

Normally I concur, but after waiting patiently for months and months and months for a fix but being completely blown off by Lenovo, it just feels good to vent! I work in wireless and regularly use this as a case study against buying cheap. 

Options

123 Posts

10-06-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

174 Signins

838 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 838
  • Message 63 of 91

2019-04-29, 15:23 PM
How bizarre Motorola can't engineer a phone to produce a correct speakerphone sound level. Their product QA must in a dire situation. The hearing aid fix works but shouldn't be required. Motorola have work to do to fix this bug plus all the others they introduced in their bodged Pie update.
Options

8 Posts

04-26-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 64 of 91

2019-04-29, 16:24 PM

The Hearing Aid fix did not fix this on my new phone and instead had to perform the actions noted above.

These devices are enormously complicated. Marketing/Sales puts huge pressure on engineers to deliver new products without giving them enough time to adequately address current projects. A QA testing spec is only as good as what is handed to them from a design team. Due to stupid pressures from Sales/Marketing, they are often not given time to address issues at end of projects as they are thrust into new projects with upper management beating on them.

Options

123 Posts

10-06-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

174 Signins

838 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 838
  • Message 65 of 91

2019-04-29, 17:17 PM

The overall impact of marketeers is to reduce sales whereas clever & reliable engineering increases sales. The latter firms will prosper. Motorola isn't one of them.

Options

2019-05-11, 1:14 AM

I for one am tired of hearing how issues with this phone are news to the foreign country bumkins at Lenovo. Maybe it's time to storm a shareholders' meeting at Alphabet and let the board know we're tired of buying their faulty products.

Options

2019-05-11, 1:22 AM

Really, Swaraj? You need a video on how to make a phone call with the phone held to one's ear? REALLY!? Do you know what a phone does? Please convince us that you do.

Options

2019-05-11, 1:34 AM

Mine was already on and of no help.

Options

2019-05-11, 1:38 AM

I'm tired of being ripped off by China. Bill Lear (Lear Jet and maker of first Motorola priducp and cofounder) is turning in his grave. If China is trying to irritate us, it's working!

Options

2019-05-11, 1:40 AM

I'm doing research to identify a class action law firm that has success suing Lenovo and Alphabet. Stand by.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms