03-17-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

not connecting to ethernet

2020-03-17, 17:55 PM

I know there is another post about this and I've searched and searched and cannot find it.

At work we only have wired internet. When I connect my moto g6 to the connection, nothing seems to happen. I've searched settings and can't find anything that says "ethernet". The ethernet symbol "<>" doesn't show up anywhere.

I know the connection works since I've used the exact same wire for my computer. 

Just for those of you who want to know - here is the set up - there is a cat 5 wire plugged into the wall. On the end of that wire I have an ethernet adapter with a USB C connection that plugs into my phone.

Any advice? Does this phone not allow this type of connection? I've heard that Samsung phones don't.

Now sure what else to say. 

Options

8624 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135332 Page Views

• Views: 135332
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:not connecting to ethernet

2020-03-18, 14:14 PM

Hi jewellc,

Thanks for posting. We can't guarantee that the Ethernet cable would work for our phones.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save