Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crazylover
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,722
Message 1 of 14

32 bit os on moto g6 - incompatiblity for some apps

Why although it has 64bit cpu it has 32 bit os? We need update to a 64 bit os.. can't play some games including newly released fortnite.... A midrange device for which I payed can't even play fortnite.... Even other games like life is strange and also dolphin emulator isn't compatible.... Some packages on termux is also incompatible...

I wish a fix 

Mikey86
What's DOS?
Views: 2,408
Message 2 of 14

Re: 32 bit os on moto g6 - incompatiblity for some apps

Just got an g6 play same [Removed] too.... Come on Moto upgrade before I [Removed] on the whole company brand literally by going back to an LG. Phones great but half of the best apps are incompatible?! LG G6 looks nice right about now. 

Supreet961
SCSI Port
Views: 2,388
Message 3 of 14

I strongly agree with you we need 64bit update pie
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,328
Message 4 of 14

@Supreet961 wrote:
I strongly agree with you we need 64bit update pie

So other than Fortnite which wouldn't work even with a 64bit OS due to CPU/GPU requirements, what other apps require 64bit?

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Supreet961
SCSI Port
Views: 2,298
Message 5 of 14

Today all mid range or flag ship phones come with 64 bit os like Moto one power,Moto g6 plus. Somes apps require 64 bit in order to run like Google pixel 3 camera some other games.some times installing a third party app we get the error parsing package that's because it's require 64 bit. 64 bit is also required for future project treble Developers at xda all gsi Roms run on 64 bit if you can provide 64 bit os to Moto one power & g6 plus then why not g6 our chipset is capable of it . As a consumer we know what's right for us. If you will provide us with 64 bit os it will be great sir. It will be helpful in future for further development & we will be able to install latest google camera 

Dadud
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,286
Message 6 of 14

Considering Googles only allowing new apps to be uploaded as 64 bit only starting august next year (source), and *im going to use a dirty sentence here* the fact that most rom development is focusing on 64 bit only, a phone i bought this year is going to be left in the dust in less than 10 months. and i know im not the only one who keeps phones for 3+ years. Im not looking forward to spending more money on a phone late next year to continue keeping up with the broader android communitity. it would be good PR to atleast give developers better resources to convert the phone to 64 bit if there are no plans to do this officially. I had no idea this was a 32 bit phone until after i bought it, and would have made a different purchasing decision if it was more obviously represented in marketing and spec sheets.

Supreet961
SCSI Port
Views: 2,151
Message 7 of 14

Dear Tom
No reply ?
aaryan1596
Serial Port
Views: 2,143
Message 8 of 14

Tom, as all of us know from next year Google is just going to host 64 bits app, and 64 bit apps provide higher security and better performance then why'd Motorola thought selling 32 bit OS for 16k is a good idea? Trust me, I'm using Motorola since 1st Generation of G series and this is the last phone I've ever bought for myself or even for anyone in my family. The simple reason is the software. Even companies like Xiaomi and Oppo are better at delivering latest software than you guys. This is not how Indian market works fella.
Supreet961
SCSI Port
Views: 2,056
Message 9 of 14

Do reply Mr Tom ??
Crazylover
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,478
Message 10 of 14

Hey man it's serious issue google play store apps won't be supported fall 2021 and google is being agressive spend some money to buy it so need that crucial 64 bot os os update guys........ If motorala can't do it then will not recommend any product to anyone else .... You guys are too slow and old aged than other companies

Top Kudoed Authors