Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kan2
Paper Tape
Views: 882
Message 1 of 4

Android Pie update for Moto G6/ Moto G6 plus and Moto G6 Play. Edited for clarity.

Hi, first time posting.

Never had an issue with my Motorola, but I think I found a bug? Or feature simply isn't working or I'm not entirely sure. Just reporting the problem since I couldn't find anything useful on it.

Android Pie update on my Moto G6 Plus worked like a charm, updated it yesterday (loving my phone even more now) features work like the should with the exception of the temporary screen rotation. 

This feature is something I didn't even know I was looking forward to but we all know the hassle of having to go into the settings to change the rotation if you're laying down sideways or don't hold the phone perfectly alinged and it changes rotation with even the smallest movement.

Anyways to make a long story short: if I turn off rotation and I use an app which allows rotation, it should prompt me to change rotation temporarily as per update notes when the device is rotated. It does not work.

Any one else having this issue? 

Any answer or follow up would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 798
Message 2 of 4

Re: Android Pie update for Moto G6/ Moto G6 plus and Moto G6 Play. Edited for clarity.

@Kan2 wrote:

Hi, first time posting.

Never had an issue with my Motorola, but I think I found a bug? Or feature simply isn't working or I'm not entirely sure. Just reporting the problem since I couldn't find anything useful on it.

Android Pie update on my Moto G6 Plus worked like a charm, updated it yesterday (loving my phone even more now) features work like the should with the exception of the temporary screen rotation. 

This feature is something I didn't even know I was looking forward to but we all know the hassle of having to go into the settings to change the rotation if you're laying down sideways or don't hold the phone perfectly alinged and it changes rotation with even the smallest movement.

Anyways to make a long story short: if I turn off rotation and I use an app which allows rotation, it should prompt me to change rotation temporarily as per update notes when the device is rotated. It does not work.

Any one else having this issue? 

Any answer or follow up would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hi Kan2,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to share us application name & try these Reset app preferences option.

Tap on Settings>>Apps & notifications>>3 verticals dots>>Reset app preferences>>Reset apps. (Reboot the device)

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Kan2
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 3 of 4

Re: Android Pie update for Moto G6/ Moto G6 plus and Moto G6 Play. Edited for clarity.

Hi, I did as instructed and it didn't work. Which app? All of them. 

Regards,

Adeline67
What's DOS?
Views: 440
Message 4 of 4

@Kan2 wrote:

Hi, I did as instructed and it didn't work. Which app? All of them. 

Regards,

I'm also facing the issue, please help me to resolve this issue.

Top Kudoed Authors