cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aneleh1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 249
Message 1 of 2

Annoying notification noise, even when in silent mode with the volumes turned down to mute

My Moto g6 makes annoying notification noises very frequently when I am using it. It's three ascending notes in quick succession. There's no notification associated with the noise and it happens very often when using the phone. 

We thought it may be Google assistant doing something so we deactivated it, but it still happens.

Anyone got any ideas? It's happened ever since I got the phone a few months ago.

Thanks

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 212
Message 2 of 2

Re: Annoying notification noise, even when in silent mode with the volumes turned down to mute

@Aneleh1 wrote:

My Moto g6 makes annoying notification noises very frequently when I am using it. It's three ascending notes in quick succession. There's no notification associated with the noise and it happens very often when using the phone. 

We thought it may be Google assistant doing something so we deactivated it, but it still happens.

Anyone got any ideas? It's happened ever since I got the phone a few months ago.

Thanks

If you boot to Safemode does it do it then?

If so it's most likely a 3rd party app you have installed.

Safemode:

1. Your device must be turned on.
  2. Press the Power key once – just until the Boot menu is displayed on your Motorola Moto G6.
  3. Next, tap on Power off until the ‘restart in safe mode’ message appears.
  4. Tap on OK and just wait while the new reboot is initiated and completed.
  5. That should be all; safe mode should be now entered on your smartphone.

Only other thing I could find was this from a post,

Here is the solution and what I have found was the culprit. It was my holster on my belt which contains magnets to hold the flap closed. These magnets were interfering with an internal sensor on the phone which would make a random noise whenever I walked around. I still cannot reproduce the sound or event. I can only tell you that it has not made the sound when I don’t use the holster. The obvious solution is to get a holster that does not contain magnets and/or metal.

HTH Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors