Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsantuka01
Paper Tape
Views: 2,610
Message 1 of 6

Battery percentage display issue

Hello ,

I purchased moto g6 a month back, since then it was working fine. But from the past few days I have been experiencing a problem. When i am charging my phone from the charger given with it , the charge in the display starts to reduce( for eg- when i put it on charge at 20%, it would be showing that it is charging but the percentage will fall upto 0 gradully). 

Before the percentage reaches 0, if i disconnect the charger, the battery percentage will soon jump to what it should be after charging.( Continuing the same example, if i removed my charger after 20 mins at 3%, the charge would suddenly jump to 40-45 %, signifying that it was charged internally but the charge display showed other way round.) 

So i request you to help me asap with this matter. Secondly i have been noticing high battery consumption even when i am not using me phone(data and all remaining off) 

Kindly help me.

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,572
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery percentage display issue

Hello rsantuka01,

Thank you for reporting to us, looks like the battery needs a calibration. To calibrate your device battery please press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. We call this a hard reset; it's equivalent to pulling the battery in days of removable batteries. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours. Repete this every alternate day for about a week and let us know your observation. 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
rsantuka01
Paper Tape
Views: 2,559
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply. I have updated my profile with EMEI number of my phone.

Your can refer to it. 

I will caliberate my phone according to your instructions and report you in a week. 

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,554
Message 4 of 6

@rsantuka01 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have updated my profile with EMEI number of my phone.

Your can refer to it. 

I will caliberate my phone according to your instructions and report you in a week. 

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply, meanwhile, let me have someone look into your IMEI. You can also test in safe mode to see the progress in the battery.

Thanks,

Swaraj

nayanika
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,131
Message 5 of 6

Hello, so i have purchased moto g6 around 9months back. when i charge it in the morning it shows 98% and after using all the day, it shows 98% charge only (throughout the day it keeps showing 98% battery remaining).

Can you people help me solving the problem?

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,110
Message 6 of 6

@nayanika wrote:

Hello, so i have purchased moto g6 around 9months back. when i charge it in the morning it shows 98% and after using all the day, it shows 98% charge only (throughout the day it keeps showing 98% battery remaining).

Can you people help me solving the problem?

Thanks.

Hi nayanika,

Thanks for posting, sure let me try to help! But before we proceed, can we quickly do a Battery Calibration on your device, to do so please hold the power button until device reboots. Upon reboot plug into the charger. Allow the phone to charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. Repete the process twice a week.

Let us know your observation? Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors