cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daffyducknj
SCSI Port
Views: 203
Message 1 of 6

Battery saver on unlocked NA Moto G6 partially stuck.

What I mean by that is I can't fully toggle that function on and off. However I can regulate the 5 and 15 minute part. Also, the battery reading is stuck at 100%.

Because it doesn't fully work, I have to turn down brightness manually if I want some attempt to spare battery power at the moment. I've also uninstalled some apps in order to save battery.

Interestingly, everything else functions normally.

Any quick fixes (other than clearing cache)? Or will I have to factory reset the phone? Thanks for any advice.

My phone has the latest system update, with the November 1 Google security fix.

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 162
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery saver on unlocked NA Moto G6 partially stuck.

Unless you get a better answer,

I can only tell you what I do on my G3.I don't use the Battery Saver as I'm not that impressed with them.I do my own battery saving.

Disable Bluetooth and WiFi when not in use

Set brightenss to the lowest I can stand/use.

In Developer mode scroll down to the 3 animation settings and I set mine to 0.5 instead of 1x.This saves battery and makes the phone appear faster.Setting these settings to zero makes opening most apps near instant.

HTH Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 157
Message 3 of 6

@Porphyrius wrote:

Unless you get a better answer,

I can only tell you what I do on my G3.I don't use the Battery Saver as I'm not that impressed with them.I do my own battery saving.

Disable Bluetooth and WiFi when not in use

Set brightenss to the lowest I can stand/use.

In Developer mode scroll down to the 3 animation settings and I set mine to 0.5 instead of 1x.This saves battery and makes the phone appear faster.Setting these settings to zero makes opening most apps near instant.

HTH Smiley Happy

Just a quick note:  it used to be all the rage to drop those animation settings so the phone could appear faster, but...with one particular model (can't remember which but it was several years ago) it was so fast that when the dialer was launched, there wasn't enough time for the screen to be drawn.  So, the phone would ring, and the phone would be at the ready, except it was on a blank screen: no buttons, prompts,  nothing.  Bringing this up only in case the screen does something wonky you know you have to switch it back.  

daffyducknj
SCSI Port
Views: 141
Message 4 of 6

Seriously, any better solutions? I should not have to use the dev options. Unless someone has a better answer, looks like I'm stuck with a factory reset.

Thanks, though.

Sgfish
What's DOS?
Views: 84
Message 5 of 6

I have this exact same problem. I also now have issues with charging. It doesn't charge for hours and hours and then suddenly bounces upwards! Are these related? I've tried a hard reset (hold down off button for ten seconds) and a safe start up but not factory reset yet.

daffyducknj
SCSI Port
Views: 75
Message 6 of 6

Back up your data.

Factory resetting is really the only move that will work is this case.

Top Kudoed Authors