cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwill193
What's DOS?
Views: 401
Message 1 of 8

Bluetooth connection issues in car. Does not connect automatically and cuts/skips in and out periodi

Has this been fixed?? I know people have mentioned this. My G6 does not auto connext to my 2012 Subaru Impreza. And when I manually connect it (which takes 2-3 attempts to pair), it starts to skip after some time. It doesn't do it constantly, but at certain times it cuts in and out. Sounds like a scratched CD. Anyone figure out these BT issues with the G6?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 328
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bluetooth connection issues in car. Does not connect automatically and cuts/skips in and out per

Hi jwill193,

Thanks for reporting, let us try a few steps here. Please perform 'Network reset' on your device. To do so— Settings > Network & Internet > three dots > Network settings reset > reboot your device > reset your System in the car and try to pair again. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

96accord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 266
Message 3 of 8

Re: Bluetooth connection issues in car. Does not connect automatically and cuts/skips in and out per

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi jwill193,

Thanks for reporting, let us try a few steps here. Please perform 'Network reset' on your device. To do so— Settings > Network & Internet > three dots > Network settings reset > reboot your device > reset your System in the car and try to pair again. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

That didn't fix it.

bama3
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 4 of 8

I just bought a Moto G6 from Costco two days ago.  I have a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder.  My phone will not automatically connect when the car is turned on.  It also drops the connection when using audio after an hour or so.  It is not the car.  My other phones and devices work fine with the car and always have.  If it persists then the phone is going back to Costco.

Highlighted
96accord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 212
Message 5 of 8

@bama3 wrote:

I just bought a Moto G6 from Costco two days ago.  I have a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder.  My phone will not automatically connect when the car is turned on.  It also drops the connection when using audio after an hour or so.  It is not the car.  My other phones and devices work fine with the car and always have.  If it persists then the phone is going back to Costco.

I'd return it. There is not a fix for it. Motorola/Lenovo will have you do multiple things that won't fix it then they will want to send you a replacement device which will still have the same issue.

I loved my Moto G4 and never had any Bluetooth issues with it. Granted the G6 is much nicer but the Bluetooth issue is a killer.

gazzak
Punch Card
Views: 188
Message 6 of 8

Bluetooth is very poor on the G6 I have had every Moto G since the beginning and the G6 is the worst for bluetooth. Some paired devices don't auto connect and you have to turn the Wifi off to have a voice call over bluetooth headset, speaker or handsfree otherwise the callers voice is on and off robotic/garbelled sounding. Before an agent jumps in and says reset this reset that our family has 3 G6 phones and they are all the same if I purchased a 4th that would also be the same. Out of interest I have factory reset my daughters G6 because it had the least amount of apps to restore and it is no different exactly the same as before the reset. The wifi doesent even need to have an active connection it just needs to be on to create the robotic/garbled voice and it is the same on both my cars built in handsfree and all my bluetooth headphones.

bama3
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 7 of 8

Called tech support 4 times. The first lady named "Tin" did not want to try to troubleshoot and just told to return the phone to the store, (lazy but right!). After many tries and resetting and resetting it still will not automatically connect. Spoke with the first level support 3 times and second level once and they have no more options other than resetting the phone. When I get in the car it will not automatically connect, I have to open up settings and click on my car icon 3 times and then it will connect.
96accord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 140
Message 8 of 8

Tech Support wants to send me a replacement phone.. I told them that won't fix the problem since others have reported it doesn't fix it.

She said sorry that others are reporting a phone replacement didn't fix the problem but that is the process we have to follow.

I said what if I get a new replacement phone and it does the same thing. She was like ummm well then sir you will have to call us back and talk to the next level of support..

You will like the 2 options on getting me a new phone.

#1 - They will provide me with a shipping label and I send my phone back to them and then once they receive my phone they will ship out the replacement. 😂

#2 - I can do the "premium" replacement service. I pay $24.99 + $150 (security deposit) and they will ship me out a replacement phone with a box to ship my phone back. Once they receive my phone they will credit me back the $150. 😑

I passed on both options.

Top Kudoed Authors