Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bijou42
Punch Card
Views: 3,511
Message 1 of 27

Brightness settings changed since Pie update

Before updating my Moto G6 to Android 9.0 my brightness setting was just above the minimum but now I have to set it to 50% to get the same level. 

Why has it been changed? My battery is also draining faster because of this. 

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 3,425
Message 2 of 27

Re: Brightness settings changed since Pie update

There's a new brightness settings in the settings of the phone called Adaptive brightness. So maybe turning it off or on will fix your problem
Highlighted
Bijou42
Punch Card
Views: 3,404
Message 3 of 27

@Barons40 wrote:
There's a new brightness settings in the settings of the phone called Adaptive brightness. So maybe turning it off or on will fix your problem

Adaptive brightness is not the issue. It's not on, nor has it ever been. I would like to know why I've had to increase the brightness on my phone from 5% (on Oreo) to 50% (on Pie) to get the same level of brightness. 

rapieriiia
What's DOS?
Views: 3,321
Message 4 of 27

I am having exactly the same issue. Also I have noticed that the maximum brightness level isn't what it was either. 

I bought this phone particularly for its clear screen; I am partially sighted and need a phone that works well outdoors. Since the Pie update I'm finding my device more difficult to use. I'd be grateful for a fix. 

Ajax10084
Paper Tape
Views: 3,263
Message 5 of 27

@rapieriiia wrote:

I am having exactly the same issue. Also I have noticed that the maximum brightness level isn't what it was either. 

I bought this phone particularly for its clear screen; I am partially sighted and need a phone that works well outdoors. Since the Pie update I'm finding my device more difficult to use. I'd be grateful for a fix. 

Although I don't share the vision problems, my experience is exactly the same. Brightness control needs to be in the upper region, maximum brightness is lower. Adaptive brightness is not relevant, it doesn't help this problem anyway and is not something I use either.

Why can't people just leave things alone sometimes, or at least admit when their "brilliant ideas" don't work and put it back the way it works??

alontheweb
Paper Tape
Views: 3,203
Message 6 of 27

Hi, updated to Android 9 Pie yesterday 31/3 and the first thing I noticed is the brightness is ruined. I have a Moto G6 plus and out of the box the brightness of the phone is THE best I've had on ANY phone. Android 9 Pie has completely wrecked it now, I only used to have the brightness low and tweak it up in really bright light, and full sun. It's awful now. I bought this phone on the reviews I read first, and the brightness on it was one of them. Why would they bring an update out to ruin it, like someone else said why?? Unless I get a fix for it I will change the phone, it's stupid. 

alontheweb
Paper Tape
Views: 3,115
Message 7 of 27

Please, is there a fix for brightness issues on Moto G6 plus since Android 9 Pie Update. Would be so grateful.

As I said in a previous post, it's awful an update could cause this,

PLEASE FIX. 

Bijou42
Punch Card
Views: 3,052
Message 8 of 27

I originally posted two weeks ago regarding this problem and I'm surprised to see that no agent has responded to either acknowledge there is an issue and that it's being looked into, offer a solution, or refute my claim.

Is Lenovo hoping that by ignoring this issue it will somehow go away? 

neilmcl67
Punch Card
Views: 3,042
Message 9 of 27

Just updated my G6 Play and the same thing has happened plus there are other things I don't like about the update such as the home button area being a solid colour rather than transparent on certain apps, IMDB for example where it's a solid grey colour. Also would prefer the apps tray background to be a darker transparent hue rather than the white of Android 9.

neilmcl67
Punch Card
Views: 3,017
Message 10 of 27

Tried adaptive brightness tonight to see what difference this made and it set the brightness level down to 0%, yes I was in a fairly dark room, but 0%, you've got to be kidding!

Did anyone at Lenovo do any testing before this update was pushed out?

Top Kudoed Authors