Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerswing1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 231
Message 1 of 3

Can't find "Picture" transferred from PC to Moto G6

1) Transferred a SnippingTool capture from PC to Moto G6 (via USB to micro-SD "Pictures" default folder)

2) Repeated attempts to visually scan for this .jpg file all fail (not visible via native "Photos" App

3) Repeated attempts to Search for file by name, including using [so-called] Assistant, all fail ; In fact Assistant fails to even locate "Pictures" folder on micro-SD card - directing me instead to pointless/irrelevant websites!?!

4) Only actual help came via 3rd party "ES File Explorer" App

5) Finally I found "Device Folders" reference in "Photos" drop-down menu - where "Pictures" folder link is finally accessible.

My Questions:

A) Any good reason for so many failures searching for this file/folder via native Search/Assistant/Photos App? Should it really be this difficult??

B) Any way to tranfer a .jpg file to Moto so it can actually be located/accessed using native Android utilities/tools?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 190
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't find "Picture" transferred from PC to Moto G6

Hi jerswing1,

Thank you for posting, we would like to learn more about this. May I know how did you transfer the picture—did you directly move to SD card or any particular folder? Are you still not able to locate the picture you moved under 'Photos' app?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
jerswing1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 113
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't find "Picture" transferred from PC to Moto G6

1) Not sure how I can make question any clearer. What I wrote was:

"Transferred a SnippingTool capture from PC to Moto G6 (via USB to micro-SD "Pictures" default folder)"

2) Since ~SD card is "adopted/integrated/absorbed" into internal memory there is only 1 folder involved; in 

Windows Explorer it's "Pictures" & for [bizarre/unknown reasons] in Android system it's "Photos" Crazy, eh? 

3) As I explained I was unable to locate image using any native Android Photo App/search/Assistant utility - 

only ES File Explorer search found it by name/search

Top Kudoed Authors