Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatnDeanosMoto
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 1 of 4

Can't log onto Yahoo Mail using chrome

Hi all, 

Just been trying to set up my new Moto G6 Play and have a problem logging into my Yahoo Mail account using Chrome. It gets as far as being able to put my user name in but doesn't go to the next stage asking for password. I know there have been lots of similar posts relating to adding Yahoo Mail accounts to the Gmail app or Outlook, but I just want to surf to my online account and keep it there and not download it to my phone. I can log onto my Excite email no problem and everything else seems to work quite quickly but it is getting frustrating just trying to check my email that I have to use my laptop instead.

I have even tried using the Yahoo Lite app but does the same thing.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 131
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't log onto Yahoo Mail using chrome

@CatnDeanosMoto wrote:

Hi all, 

Just been trying to set up my new Moto G6 Play and have a problem logging into my Yahoo Mail account using Chrome. It gets as far as being able to put my user name in but doesn't go to the next stage asking for password. I know there have been lots of similar posts relating to adding Yahoo Mail accounts to the Gmail app or Outlook, but I just want to surf to my online account and keep it there and not download it to my phone. I can log onto my Excite email no problem and everything else seems to work quite quickly but it is getting frustrating just trying to check my email that I have to use my laptop instead.

I have even tried using the Yahoo Lite app but does the same thing.

Can you try another Browser.I like and use Opera both on Android and PC.PC version has a free VPN built in Smiley Happy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.mini.native&hl=en_GB

CatnDeanosMoto
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Porphyrius. That worked! However it thinks we are being hacked by someone in the USA!!  Firefox didn't work but Opera did, so now we can check email. You are a star!

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 111
Message 4 of 4

I stopped using Chrome a while ago as it keeps getting invaded by ads Smiley Sad

Top Kudoed Authors