Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 453
Message 11 of 31

Re: Cannot enable Mobile Data after Android 9 update

Hi dhf,

The Mobile assistant cannot be downloaded on the play store. It can only be downloaded through your computer or PC using this link: https://support.lenovo.com/downloads/ds101291. You will need to connect your phone to the PC and use the rescue option which will reflash your phone. Did you receive a prompt when tapping the build number? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 434
Message 12 of 31

I was referring to the Mobile Assistant that must be downloaded from the Play Store if one cannot enable USB communication using the Mobile Assistant downloaded to the PC from the link you sent.

I have as I said eariler tried to enable the USB by tapping the Build Number and received no prompts even though I could see the box gray each time I tapped it.

I wanted to try RF communication but was unable to download the Assistant from the Play Store to do so.

It seems I will have to send the phone in for repair as I can't seem to be able to communicate with the G6 digitally unless you have any other suggestions.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 389
Message 13 of 31

@dhf wrote:

I was referring to the Mobile Assistant that must be downloaded from the Play Store if one cannot enable USB communication using the Mobile Assistant downloaded to the PC from the link you sent.

I have as I said eariler tried to enable the USB by tapping the Build Number and received no prompts even though I could see the box gray each time I tapped it.

I wanted to try RF communication but was unable to download the Assistant from the Play Store to do so.

It seems I will have to send the phone in for repair as I can't seem to be able to communicate with the G6 digitally unless you have any other suggestions.

Hi dhf,

Thank you for keeping us posted and for the additional information, If you have already tried with new SIM card with no avail--our best option would be to send it to repair, so we can have one of our team get in touch with you for further assistance.

We have sent you a Private Message, please check and revert us back.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 380
Message 14 of 31

The new Sim card is due tomorrow, if that does not solve the problem I will contact you for repair return instructions.

Thanks for your continued attention to my problem.

dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 370
Message 15 of 31

Private message answered and now ready for return for repair.

Please advise procedure for this in warranty repair.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 320
Message 16 of 31

Hi dhf,

Have you sent the phone in for repair? If you have questions on how to send the phone, let me know. I can assist you with that. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 17 of 31

yes, it was returned 7/25 and I am awaiting notification of replacement shipment
dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 253
Message 18 of 31

Replacement has been received and is operating perfectly when updated to Android 9

Dude777
HDMI
Views: 242
Message 19 of 31

That's freaking awesome!

Where is yours made?

~us retail g6~no lifeguard on duty
dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 236
Message 20 of 31

It came from Domestic Moto/Lenovo service and was part of a replacement pool they could turn around quickly.

The phone is totally as new...I cannot see any sign of wear or use. As for where it was made, I have no idea.

Top Kudoed Authors