Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Too_late
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,310
Message 1 of 28

Certain apps not working on home WiFi, Moto g6

Hello! I just got a Moto G6 over the weekend, and I really like the phone! I have run into a problem though, and all my internet sleuthing hasn't helped me. So I turn to you!

Certain apps on my phone (Pinterest, Reddit, Yahoo mail, Amazon shopping/music) do not work on my home WiFi. As soon as I turn off WiFi, they work fine. They work on other WiFi networks. I have restarted, rebooted, cleared data and cache, switched off IPv6, changed the network rating provider from Google to none and nothing works! What else can I do? The router I have is a Netgear N300. Please help. Thank you!

ETA: Other connected devices (non-motorola) are NOT having this problem. My spouse also has the Moto G6 and IS having the same problems. So I know it's an issue with this specific phone and my router.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,222
Message 2 of 28

Re: Certain apps not working on home WiFi, Moto g6

Hi Too_late,

Thank you for reporting the issue, this is odd. Let me try to help you here-- please uninstall all the apps you are having trouble with.

• Force reboot your device and connect to your wifi and test if other apps are working fine on your device.
  • Further please make sure that you have the updated version of the google play store on your device.
  • Try to install one app at a time and test? Let us know how it goes?
  • Could you also test in chrome browsing app by typing the URL for the respective app you want to use and let us know if that works?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

LM4621
Paper Tape
Views: 1,012
Message 3 of 28

Was there ever a resolutlion for this issue.  I have the exact same problem. 

wrkalot
Punch Card
Views: 993
Message 4 of 28

So, I'm not the only one! I have this issue with Instagram and ADT Pulse apps. FB, Chrome, and all other seem to work fine when on my home wifi connection.

Moto G6
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 932
Message 5 of 28

@LM4621 wrote:

Was there ever a resolutlion for this issue.  I have the exact same problem. 

Hi LM4621,

Thank you for posting here, could you help us with the apps you have tried? From when did you start noticing this issue? Are you able to download those apps on 'Mobile Data'? Is your play store updated to the latest version available? 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

mct11
Paper Tape
Views: 849
Message 6 of 28

I'm having the very same issue with my new Moto G6 play. For example, the social media portion of Weight Watchers app doesn't load, and within Twitter, threaded messages don't load. These apps still work fine on my old phone Moto G5 (which still connects to home wifi) and the apps also work fine using mobile data on my new phone or at other locations. So the problem is really between my Moto G6 play and home wifi, and then only on certain apps. I've done a factory reset on the phone and tried many other tricks found online, but to no avail. It's extremely frustrating.

yuppers
Paper Tape
Views: 771
Message 7 of 28

Same here! Also using a Netgear N300 at home with a Moto g6. Which apps don't work seems completely random. Sometimes Twitter, sometimes Instagram, sometimes, hilariously, google.com fails to load in chrome, but every other website is fine. The issue might be related to upload, in some way? I can't finish a speedof.me test, it always hangs as soon as it gets to the upload part. I have another phone on which all of these apps work fine.

LM4621
Paper Tape
Views: 722
Message 8 of 28

I apologize that I have not had a chance to respond.  

In answer to your questions.. the only apps that I seem to have a problem with are the Amazon Shopping app and Amazon Music.  They do work fine when on Mobile data.   I also want to mention, that I was recently at my sons house and when connected to his WIFI, I have no issues.   I have researched quite a bit and it does seem that it has something to do my my router settings not playing nice with my Moto6 or Android 8.0  -  Alot of what I have read was saying to disable IPv6 on my router, which I have done.   I have cleared Amazon data and cache - seems to work ok for a little while, but then issue comes back.

The issue started when I got my Moto G6 - I never had any issues with my Motorola Droid Turbo.   

I have updated my profile with the IMEI number of your phone and yes, it is ok for you to look into my apps to determine what is causing the issue. I am not sure though how to make sure my Motorola privacy settings are enabled?

mct11
Paper Tape
Views: 714
Message 9 of 28

I also have a Netgear Router (N750), purchased in 2013. Is this the common thread? I updated the firmware this morning, but it didn't fix the problem. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 674
Message 10 of 28

Hi All,

We thank you for your feedback and appreciate your efforts. Just to narrow down, please answer few questions so we can escalate this accordingly to our engineer team. 

1. Name all the apps that have been affected? 
  2. Name the apps that work intermittently and the ones that do not work at all on Home WiFi? But works great on Mobile Network.
  3. Name the apps that do not work on any WiFi you have connected too, as I see few users reporting, but works on Mobile Network.
  4. What steps you have tried already? Does it help?
  5. Make and Model of the Router and Settings used? Do also mention if you have changed any Settings and if that works or shows any progress?
  6. Have you tested the same apps on another device with the same WiFi you are having trouble with? If yes, does that work? Those who have not tested, please test and observe.
  7. From when are you facing this issue?
  8. Carrier information and device model if we are talking about any other device then Moto G6.
  9. Please make sure to update all those Apps to the latest version available on the Play Store to see if that shows any improvements?
  10. Finally, please make sure to update your profile with IMEI number of your device. 
  11. We might need Logs/Bug Reports further. Do let us know if you need steps on how to capture Bug Reports?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors