Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuppers
Paper Tape
Views: 879
Message 11 of 50

Re: Certain apps not working on home WiFi, Moto g6

1. Twitter, Instagram, Chrome (specifically google.com), System Updates (it always fails to check), MMS over wifi does not work in Textra or Signal.

2. All of the above except for MMS and System Updates work intermittantly on wifi. Often they will work when first connected and then stop working within a minute or two. System Updates and MMS never work on wifi. All of these things work fine on Mobile Network or on another wifi network.

3. None that I have tested.

4. I have tried resetting my network settings, restarting the phone, forgetting the offending wifi network, and restarting the wireless router, none of which helped. Sometimes, turning phone's wifi off and then back on will temporarily allow some of the apps to function, but MMS over wifi never works.b

5. Netgear N300, WNR2000v4. I have two, one serving as a bridge to the other. It doesn't matter which I connect to, they both have the same issue. I have tried setting the mode to "up to 150Mbps" from "up to 300Mbps", to no effect.

6. Yes. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 on which everything has worked fine on this wifi router for years. I have, to make sure, tested the same apps at the same time on that phone, and everything that doesn't work on the Moto G6 works on the Galaxy, except for MMS over wifi, which I have no way of testing on the Galaxy.

7. Almost as soon as I began using the phone. It was able to download the first security update without any issues on this wifi, but after that, checking for updates always failed unless I did it on another network or on cellular data.

8. I'm using Google Fi.

9. One of the things that seems to still work is updating apps, so they have been getting updated every night.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 854
Message 12 of 50

Hi yuppers,

We thank you for your additional information and appreciate your efforts. Please be informed that we have shared your details with our product team for further investigations.

Quick update: Could you please try changing the router Settings to IPv6 under Advanced Setup. You can also get in touch with your Router manufacturer for assistance or you can click this link for help and search for IPv6. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Qman007
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 13 of 50

I bought an unlocked Moto G6 from Amazon. The Amazon Appstore will not work. It says Uh oh Something went wrong. Please try again. It will not work on any WiFi or Mobile Data. I have downloaded it and installed it several times, disabled other apps, reset the phone and just installed that app and nothings worked. My Motorola Privacy is enabled. All my information is up to date on my profile. Welcome to look at my phone to see if you find anything. If you need bug reports let me know how to retreive them and send them to you. Thank you

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 771
Message 14 of 50

@Qman007 wrote:

I bought an unlocked Moto G6 from Amazon. The Amazon Appstore will not work. It says Uh oh Something went wrong. Please try again. It will not work on any WiFi or Mobile Data. I have downloaded it and installed it several times, disabled other apps, reset the phone and just installed that app and nothings worked. My Motorola Privacy is enabled. All my information is up to date on my profile. Welcome to look at my phone to see if you find anything. If you need bug reports let me know how to retreive them and send them to you. Thank you

Google and Amazon don't always place nicely together.  Have you checked the permissions on the Amazon app? And have you allowed the download of non-Google Playstore apps?  If that's the problem, please be careful to turn that last setting off when you're done.

LM4621
Paper Tape
Views: 734
Message 15 of 50

I updated to the latest firmware on my ASUS router a few days ago and have had NO PROBLEMS with any apps on my home WIFI.   Issue resolved

Qman007
Paper Tape
Views: 723
Message 16 of 50

Thanks for quick response. I have checked those settings also. Still not working.

wrkalot
Punch Card
Views: 699
Message 17 of 50

I did a reset on my home router and the issues look to be resolved as well.

Moto G6
mct11
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 18 of 50

I bought a new router (we needed one anyway), and the issue is NOT resolved. I'm going to buy a new phone--not Motorola.

LM4621
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 19 of 50

Just a few things ... try turning off ipv6  on your router.   And I also want to mention that alot of what I found in my search talked about that it is an OREO issue - I was seeing quite a few complaints from other android users, not just Motorola.    I have no idea, but just wanted to give you a heads up before you buy a new phone Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 636
Message 20 of 50

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedbacks, we just wanted to confirm if you are having any trouble with the apps not working on the WiFi still? If yes, could you help us with additional information as requested below so that we could work on the same:

1. What specific Apps did not work?(If you have not mentioned yet which Apps not working on WiFi yet.)

2. The Wifi Router name & model.

3. A confirmation if changing the MTU size helped to solve the problem.

4. Which other Moto device (if have) worked?

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors