Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mct11
Paper Tape
Views: 847
Message 21 of 50

Re: Certain apps not working on home WiFi, Moto g6

I bought a cheaper Samsung and it works perfectly. No more try to figure out a solution to a buggy phone.

yuppers
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 22 of 50

I didn't reply for a long time because the issue mysteriously went away for me. Then I was gone my from my house for a few weeks, and now that I'm back the issue has returned.

I just tried setting IPv6 to Auto Detect, and this doesn't seem to have changed anything re: MMSes not sending, and Instagram being unable to refresh when on this WiFi.

wrkalot
Punch Card
Views: 786
Message 23 of 50

Same here. Worked for a few weeks then a few days ago Instagram stopped refreshing again
Moto G6
Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 748
Message 24 of 50

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi yuppers,

We thank you for your additional information and appreciate your efforts. Please be informed that we have shared your details with our product team for further investigations.

Quick update: Could you please try changing the router Settings to IPv6 under Advanced Setup. You can also get in touch with your Router manufacturer for assistance or you can click this link for help and search for IPv6. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support 

Did you mean to try disable IPv6.

If I set the router to only IPv6 the UK internet provider does not have IPv6 functionality yet.

A family member has a problem connecting to Amazon Music on the Moto G6 Play.

No other Moto phones (Moto G4 (single sim) Moto G4 (dual SIM) or Moto G6) have this problem ,with Amazon, it this network. The one phone that doesn't work is a 2.4Ghz only Moto G6 Play where the other ones (Moto G4 (XT1622)*2 and Moto G6 Xt2925-5) operate on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

All apps are up to date and the Moto G6 play works on Amazon over the mobile/ non WiFi network.

I have reset my router to IPV4 only. the (UK issue) Moto G6 play is still showing an IPv6 address in settings. I have done network reset and also wiped the cache portion and then a network reset and yet the phone still says it has an IPv6 address.   The router is an Archer D50 dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz .....  (My Moto G6 (model XT1925-5) picks up both of these bands but the Moto G6 play in question only picks up / operates on 2.4 GHz (model XT1922-2))

The Moto G6 play Amazon Music App will not connect via the Archer router and it persists in allocating itself and IPv6 address 

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 730
Message 25 of 50

I connected an old router via bridge mode to my router and set it up to allocate only IPv6 addresses. 

When the Moto G6 play connects to this old router it connects to Amazon music and streams/downloads fine. When it connects to the main router (archer) it doesn't. The main router uses IPv4.

This is very strange as Moto G4 and Moto G6 (XTX1925-5)  connects no problems to both routers and works fine with Amazon music.

GamesWithSpawn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 685
Message 26 of 50

Have you tried to go to zillow.com or noom.com or tried to load a movie from Netflix? I can't do any of these things, but ONLY on my home network (frontier wifi). I'm REALLY interested in this thread, cause my son also has a Moto G6 and is having the same issues. I started a forum chat on this. Here is the link

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/MotoG6-won-t-load-websites-while-on-home-n...

There is no solution as of yet.

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 676
Message 27 of 50

@GamesWithSpawn wrote:
Have you tried to go to zillow.com or noom.com or tried to load a movie from Netflix? I can't do any of these things, but ONLY on my home network (frontier wifi). I'm REALLY interested in this thread, cause my son also has a Moto G6 and is having the same issues.

Sorry I don't use Zillow noon or Netflix so I can't try those sites.

On your WiFi router can you select IPv6 only. My experience of the Moto G6 Play suggests it streams best/only with IPv6 address allocated.

Settings>>system>>about phone>>status>>IP address.

There may be one or two addresses 

123.123.1.1      example of IPv4 address

ab60:abc:65ee.eeff:ab9e example of IPv6 address.

This may be specific to your router but in my experience Moto G6 Play only streams from Amazon when the router allocates an IPv6 address and no IPv4 address.

Using mobile data doesn't affect it. Just so far on home WiFi.

Try IPv6 only on your router....assuming your broadband provider is IpV6 compatible.

GamesWithSpawn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 665
Message 28 of 50

I looked into the IPv6 settings and they are disabled, but I don't know how to properly configure them when I enable them. Do I choose "6rd tunnel" or "DCHP client" for the WAN IPv6 connection type? Do I choose "Static IP" or "Delegated prefix" for the LAN IPv6 connection type? Do I need to enable both "IPv6 enable" and "IPv6 enable on LAN"?

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 641
Message 29 of 50

@GamesWithSpawn wrote:

I looked into the IPv6 settings and they are disabled, but I don't know how to properly configure them when I enable them. Do I choose "6rd tunnel" or "DCHP client" for the WAN IPv6 connection type? Do I choose "Static IP" or "Delegated prefix" for the LAN IPv6 connection type? Do I need to enable both "IPv6 enable" and "IPv6 enable on LAN"?

Have you contacted your broadband provider for advice? 

I would not change settings unless you have expert advice. 

I used an old unused router to connect it to my main router and set up another WiFi network (on a different WiFi channel via bridge mode). That allowed me to change the settings on the bridge router without risking upsetting the main router which was working fine for all devices (apart from the Moto G6 Play).

tenbeersbold
Paper Tape
Views: 663
Message 30 of 50

G6 Play Amazon Apps don't work over wifi only over data

Hi,is there any fix for this?

I set my router to IPV6,reset the phone etc,cleared the cache

Are these models just broken?

Post merged into a running thread.-Sandip

Top Kudoed Authors