Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 1,692
Message 1 of 8

Clicking sound in my Moto g6

Hey a few days ago, I discovered that my phone had a small clicking noise coming from it when I moved the phone a bit vigorously or when I kept it down on the table. Is this the case with all the Moto g6 or just mine? 

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 1,646
Message 2 of 8

Re: Clicking sound in my Moto g6

There is nothing wrong with my moto g6. Make a wipe cache partition that should fix it, you will not lose data.

JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 1,635
Message 3 of 8

The clicking sound is not a software sound. It is a hardware sound. When you set your phone down in a when place in a quiet room, you can hear it .it's like when you keep a tiny peace of glass down on a table or something. Does that happen with your phone too?

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 1,607
Message 4 of 8

@JSN99 wrote:

The clicking sound is not a software sound. It is a hardware sound. When you set your phone down in a when place in a quiet room, you can hear it .it's like when you keep a tiny peace of glass down on a table or something. Does that happen with your phone too?

My phone does not make any strange noises 😄 Maybe your phone has been lying in the sun for a long time and the adhesive that keeps the back cover starts to fly. It could sound like that.

starnb
What's DOS?
Views: 1,433
Message 5 of 8

I am having exact same problem of intermittent clicking noise from my moto g6 plus purchased only a week ago.

I tried restoring factory settings, but the problem persists. The issue is prominent when using fingerprint sensor for navigation, unlocking etc. So as you've mentioned it appears a hardware issue possibly to do wiyh fingerprint sensor.

The last time I have came across such an issue with my Dell XPS and it was hardware fault got rectified after replacing SSD in warranty.

Highlighted
wolfalogs
What's DOS?
Views: 1,171
Message 6 of 8

hey i know its a few months late not sure if you still have this issue,

but i had this issue 5 minutes ago and restarted my phone fixed it easily.

JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 1,056
Message 7 of 8

It was definitey a hardware problem. it however automatically stopped for my device. you might be better off showing it to a morotola service center, maybe.

DrB_007
What's DOS?
Views: 290
Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem which began this week on two Moto G6's.  It appears that when you give it the old IT solution ( shutdown and restart) that the problem at least temporarily disappears.  I suspect there is a hardware issue which can probably be resolved by firmware upgrade.  Hope Moto keeps quiet for now!

Top Kudoed Authors