Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tuckerdog
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 11 of 18

Re: Consumer Cellular: MOTO G6 only 3G HSPA+ on ATT

But what about their own SIM card? Consumer Cellular has their own SIM and it's free. If I were to purchase an unlocked Moto g6 from Best Buy and put their SIM card in it, would it work? I guess that's the question I'm seeking. PS When I called a couple days ago the CRS told me that Best Buy was a 'new partner' with them.
Tuckerdog
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 12 of 18

I'm about to give up and buy an iphone 7plus on time through CC and be done with it. I've been researching and shopping phones for weeks and there is always something. Micro usb vs. C, 720p vs 1280, NFC, no NFC this processor that processor, works here, not there.... and all the line products. E4 E5 e5play e5plusplay, it's not a friggin' car ... for the love of god. C'mon. Then you shell out "budget" phone cost of $200 and it turns out it doesn't work here or there ... no wonder the "fan boys" like the iphones. I know folks who have iphone 6s and they're still happy. 

DL13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 234
Message 13 of 18

You have to make the best decision for you.  My best scenario is the G6 on Verizon.

DL13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 14 of 18

Just an update: G6 on Verizon is the perfect match. Although not compatible with CC, their customer support was great and very courteous. When I cancelled the account, no hard feelings and they wished me the best. End of day, I will be back if at any time the engineers at Moto land tell me my G6 got an update to make it fully compatible with CC. As for Apple, I will use a tin can and a string before I buy another iPhone.
kare2676
What's DOS?
Views: 62
Message 15 of 18

This is good to know. I'm with Consumer Cellular (CC) as well. I'm switching from my Blackberry to Moto. I never had any problems on CC with my BB. Interesting and disappointing to hear not all features are available.
Highlighted
DL13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 55
Message 16 of 18

Before you give up the ship, if TMobile network is okay, your G6 will be fine on CC. My experience is that Tmobile is not a robust as Verizon in coverage, and as I said in my earlier post, ATT was only 3G.  While Motorola doesn't go out of its way to warn of compatibility issues, it does show only partial ompatiblity on its spec page.  I just wish I had looked at it prior to attempting to go to CC.

alank11
What's DOS?
Views: 46
Message 17 of 18

My G6 Play works fine with Consumer Cellular on the ATT network. Also worked fine on Verizon's when I did a quick USMobile test.
DL13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 45
Message 18 of 18

As I worked closely with CC customer support for over two weeks and never, ever got anything but 3G HSPA on ATT and Motorola's own compatability chart on its website says it does not support full compatiblity for ATT on  Consumer Cell. The only thing I can think of is that, while all of the bands are not covered, the one in your local area is.

Again, buyer beware, the G6 is not fully compatible on the ATT network, especially through CC.

It is unfortunately if you do call Motorola Support they don't disclose this up front for you. One rep even asked if I wanted to send the phone in under warranty for repair! Nice gesture but just knowing the specs would have been a lot better.

Top Kudoed Authors