Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeowMeow1962
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 1 of 5

Default and Dedicated Ringtones overlap on Moto G6

I've set up dedicated ringtones for a couple of my best friends but, when they call, both their dedicated ringtone and the default ringtone play at the same time.  How do I set it up so that only their dedicated ringtone plays when they call?  I've got a Moto G6.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 388
Message 2 of 5

Re: Default and Dedicated Ringtones overlap on Moto G6

Hello MeowMeow1962,

Sorry to learn about that, it more over looks like a third party issue to me, can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

MeowMeow1962
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 3 of 5

I put the phone in safe mode as requested and then tried again to call my cell - I'm still getting 2 ringtones at the same time, the default tone and the dedicated tone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 371
Message 4 of 5

@MeowMeow1962 wrote:

I put the phone in safe mode as requested and then tried again to call my cell - I'm still getting 2 ringtones at the same time, the default tone and the dedicated tone.

Hello MeowMeow1962,

Thank for replying, this is odd. Let's try few things here if this helps,

• Go to settings > apps and notification > three dots present at the top right corner and select “Reset app preferences”. A pop-up window will appear. Tap “Reset apps” to confirm. Test and let us know how it goes?
  • Go to settings > apps and notification > three dots present at the top right corner and select “Show System” > select “Show system” > tap “Android System” > “Open by default” and hit the “Clear defaults” button if available.

Let us know if this helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

MeowMeow1962
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 5 of 5

Tried clearing the Android system defaults but it said there were no defaults set so no button.  As to resetting app preferences, I have my preferences set and don't wish to redo them all.  Therefore, I will just let the tones overlap until I can find the setting that is causing the problem. 

Top Kudoed Authors