cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 139
Message 1 of 3

Device unlocks with someone else's fingerprint!

I have a Moto G6 for which I use the fingerprint unlock. However it has happened to me on multiple occasions that the person that is not me has unlocked my phone. It happened only once .on their second try, it didn't work. This has happened 4-5 times. Their fingerprint is not saved in my device. 

This makes me question whether is the face unlock really less secure than fingerprint because it is spot on! 

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 109
Message 2 of 3

Re: Device unlocks with someone else's fingerprint!

@JSN99 wrote:

I have a Moto G6 for which I use the fingerprint unlock. However it has happened to me on multiple occasions that the person that is not me has unlocked my phone. It happened only once .on their second try, it didn't work. This has happened 4-5 times. Their fingerprint is not saved in my device. 

This makes me question whether is the face unlock really less secure than fingerprint because it is spot on! 

It's very strange what you write. I have only one fingerprint saved. No one ever managed to unlock my phone with another finger. Remove the face unlock and all fingerprints, add the fingerprint again but do not add the face unlock and check again.

JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 77
Message 3 of 3

Re: Device unlocks with someone else's fingerprint!

I have done the fingerprint again and disabled faceunlock .

What I wanted to day in that post that people have unlocked the device with their fingerprints, even though they were not saved in my phone. 

Top Kudoed Authors