Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leflic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 899
Message 1 of 7

Disable beep when new message arrives during a phone call

When I'm in a phone call and I receive e.g. a WhatsApp message, my G6 makes a very very annoying beep, even then the phone is silent mode. Especially when a lot of messages arrive, this is really disturbing. I do not know this behavior from my G4+ or G5S+. Is there please any way to disable this? I did not find anything in the settings.

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 873
Message 2 of 7

Re: Disable peep when new message arrives during a phone call

Hi leflic,

Thanks for reporting this to us. It's odd that you still hear the sound even when the phone is in silent mode. I'd just like to verify, is it only happening when you receive a notification from Whatsapp? Does it do the same with your other apps? 

Also, please send us a bug report the next time it happens. Thanks. 

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

leflic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 794
Message 3 of 7

Sorry, the sound is gone in silent mode. But it is there on vibrate only. As I have my phone on vibrate only all the time, I'd really like an option to disable this as it makes phone calls impossible if you receive a lot of messages.

I'll send an bug report, but it is just every time a message arrives during a phone call, so it's pretty easy to reproduce and I think it is intended behavior. Just looking for a way to disable this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 788
Message 4 of 7

@leflic wrote:

Sorry, the sound is gone in silent mode. But it is there on vibrate only. As I have my phone on vibrate only all the time, I'd really like an option to disable this as it makes phone calls impossible if you receive a lot of messages.

I'll send an bug report, but it is just every time a message arrives during a phone call, so it's pretty easy to reproduce and I think it is intended behavior. Just looking for a way to disable this.

Hi, leflic

Thank you for confirming, we would still like to know if this issue persists only with "WhatsApp" also, would like to confirm if you have performed a clear cache/date on your WhatsApp app and observe? Let us know if that helps?

Kindly check this-- Go to WhatsApp > settings > notification > Conversation tones ( Is this toggled on)?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola support

leflic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 761
Message 5 of 7

Thank you very much. I already disabled that option in WhatsApp, but it seems to have no effect on this issue. I cleared the cache and will give you feedback about that.

Meanwhile, I observed it occurs with incoming mails in outlook and messages in Signal too. So maybe it is something on system level?

leflic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 663
Message 6 of 7

g33k_
What's DOS?
Views: 145
Message 7 of 7

I can confirm that this is an ongoing bug. It happens with whatsapp, emails, even sms, while on call the phone  makes a loud beep.

I even updated to the last android version (june 2018) hoping that it would fix this issue, but it didn't.

Any news about this bug?

Top Kudoed Authors