cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tuckerdog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,409
Message 1 of 9

Does Moto g6 lte work with consumer cellular?

Hi. Was about to purchase the Moto g6 and switch from Boost to Consumer Cellular. No, don't plan on using the phone on Boost. What I want to know, is since this is 2018 and I can find lots of information about lots of phones from 3 years ago, simply, "does the Moto G6 get LTE on Consumer Cellular?" I see lots about switching settings, etc., but can anyone tell me definitively, 100% that this phone will use LTE anywhere in the U.S.  Thanks! I had to jump through a number of the usual sign up, resign up, check emails, confirm accounts in order to ask this question, so hopefully someone can answer.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,398
Message 2 of 9

Re: Does Moto g6 lte work with consumer cellular?

@Tuckerdog wrote:

Hi. Was about to purchase the Moto g6 and switch from Boost to Consumer Cellular. No, don't plan on using the phone on Boost. What I want to know, is since this is 2018 and I can find lots of information about lots of phones from 3 years ago, simply, "does the Moto G6 get LTE on Consumer Cellular?" I see lots about switching settings, etc., but can anyone tell me definitively, 100% that this phone will use LTE anywhere in the U.S.  Thanks! I had to jump through a number of the usual sign up, resign up, check emails, confirm accounts in order to ask this question, so hopefully someone can answer.

The compatibility chart shows it is compatible

https://www.motorola.com/us/carrier-compatibility

I would expect LTE to work fine. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Tuckerdog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,378
Message 3 of 9

And yet I've read six messages on this forum so far that are asterisks (ATT does, this doesn't, this does with this, but not that). So "expect" isn't definitive. Thanks for answering though. Yes, I checked their cmpatibility chart and it has an asterisk with the check mark ... some things may, may not, possibly may work or not work, special features etc,  but they don't say what. Anything other than the phone being a phone could be a "special feature." 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,369
Message 4 of 9

So with Consumer Cellular, they use both AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Regardless of the back-end carrier, both should allow you to get LTE and subsequently, VoLTE on the Moto G6.

-Tom

Tuckerdog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,358
Message 5 of 9

Great. So, what are these folks going on about not being able to get 4G LTE on their phones?
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,267
Message 6 of 9

@Tuckerdog wrote:
Great. So, what are these folks going on about not being able to get 4G LTE on their phones?

From what I was told by my engineering team the phone should get LTE. If given the choice between AT&T or T-Mobile on Consumer Cellular, I'd personally go with T-Mobile as I've seen fewer complaints across products/manufacturers with it.

-Tom

Tuckerdog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,259
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the update. Consumer Cellular is in the mix because of monthly cost.
DL13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 916
Message 8 of 9

Moto G6 on CC works for 4G LTE on Tthe CC Tmobile SIM only. Go to the Motorola compatibility page and it will tell you the same thing.

alank11
What's DOS?
Views: 905
Message 9 of 9

Consumer Cellular uses either T-mobile or AT&T, but that depends on some formula they use. In my case, near Rochester, NY they use AT&T, and I can say I definitely get lte connection at home, and on the road to Boston.

Top Kudoed Authors